Author Topic: new Intro  (Read 571 times)

Offline Marcel-Anthony

• Topic Author
  • Bike: 2014 Street Triple
  • City / Town: Northumberland
new Intro
on: November 08, 2020, 06:54:37 PM
Hi All,

Just bought myself an immaculate 2014 Street Triple. Been away from bikes for the past 15 years its great to get back on one and I am so happy with going for the Triumph.  What a bike. Great power and handling.

I have been riding Harleys previously and a before that a few 90's Sports bikes. I still have a Harley i am restoring.

Based in Northumberland.

Offline Marcel-Anthony

• Topic Author
Re: new Intro
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 09:10:54 PM
Nice to feel welcomed ?

*Originally Posted by Marcel-Anthony [+]
Hi All,

Just bought myself an immaculate 2014 Street Triple. Been away from bikes for the past 15 years its great to get back on one and I am so happy with going for the Triumph.  What a bike. Great power and handling.

I have been riding Harleys previously and a before that a few 90's Sports bikes. I still have a Harley i am restoring.

Based in Northumberland.

Offline STR JB

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 675R
  • City / Town: Oxon
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 09:47:53 PM
Welcome to the forum, lots of advice here (usually), whatís the HD youíre working on because thatís an itch Iíve got thatís getting worse....

Offline Marcel-Anthony

• Topic Author
Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 07:54:02 PM
Hi STR JB.

That's great news as I am sure I need some advice at some point in my ownership. Was starting to think this place was deserted.

Been working on a custom sportster that I bought some years ago and last used back in 2005/6. it has a 1200 evo motor and very few standard parts so restoring it is proving tricky as i need to find from what bikes and years most of the parts came from. its a bit of a Frankenstein. Great fun to ride and has loads of low down torque much not much top end.

*Originally Posted by STR JB [+]
Welcome to the forum, lots of advice here (usually), whatís the HD youíre working on because thatís an itch Iíve got thatís getting worse....

Offline sabre

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 09:27:53 AM

That's great news as I am sure I need some advice at some point in my ownership. Was starting to think this place was deserted.

Hi Marcel-Anthony & welcome.

Don't panic  :005:. This is a thriving forum and plenty of advice available as and when required. I think you have joined at the quieter time of year as a good few of the boys and girls tend to hibernate their bikes for the colder/wetter part of the year and the current CV-19 scenario seems to have made things even quieter- with some people barely touching their bikes this year?

It's not very often that new members get missed. 99.8% of the time you would have got a warm welcome. Adiepage usually does a great job of welcoming new members, but nobody is infallible. So must have just been unfortunate timing.

Stay safe.  :028:

Steve.
2013 Triumph Street Triple R
1989 Yamaha TDR250
recent departures: 2003 ZRX1200r + 2015 CRF250L :-(

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 09:55:08 AM
Nice to feel welcomed ?

Hey M-A!  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!!

Now, opening line done and dusted, I'll move on to the (hopefully not too saccharine!) humble apology.  I do, normally, try to welcome all and any newbies to the forum but, for some utterly inexplicable reason, your particular post was completely overlooked!  Sorry, sorry, sorry!  I'm SO f....... mmmmm .....  let's not go there! 

Sabre (Steve) said :- "It's not very often that new members get missed. 99.8% of the time you would have got a warm welcome. Adiepage usually does a great job of welcoming new members, but nobody is infallible. So must have just been unfortunate timing." and he's absolutely spot-on (Thanks Steve - cheque's in the post! :002:) and I'm now gagging on the bitter taste of humble pie ..... NO, not the '70's rock group ya heejit - the stuff you have to unwillingly swallow when you screw up big time!

Steve's also absolutely spot on too (you're on a roll, Steve.  Buy a lottery ticket today!) about the forum being a great, thriving resource of information, camaraderie and chatter but this year HAS been an odd one - for all the obvious reasons.    Things can only get better ......

So, M-A, trust you'll forgive me for the oversight and that you'll stick around, join in and enjoy the forum now that we've got you back into the very best of real bikes!   :001:

Have fun out there.  Stay safe, stay warm and stay well!

Apologies and regards,

Adie
Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 09:57:31 AM by adiepage

Offline sabre

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 09:10:57 AM
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]

(you're on a roll, Steve.  Buy a lottery ticket today!)

Adiepage, just fyi, I didn't win.  :027:
2013 Triumph Street Triple R
1989 Yamaha TDR250
recent departures: 2003 ZRX1200r + 2015 CRF250L :-(

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 09:29:09 AM
*Originally Posted by sabre [+]
Adiepage, just fyi, I didn't win.  :027:

Damnit Sabre - I was so looking forward to a late spring meet-up and celebrations paid for from the jackpot win!

Next time?

Offline Marcel-Anthony

• Topic Author
Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 08:43:44 PM
Thanks Guy's.

Looking forward to being a member.

scandal-fat