Author Topic: A13 new to Triumphs - Saying hello.  (Read 221 times)

Offline A13

• Topic Author
  • Bike: STRS2020
  • City / Town: Lisburn
A13 new to Triumphs - Saying hello.
on: November 16, 2020, 03:11:44 PM
Hi all,
Thought i should stop here and say hey.
I have a Svartpilen 401 and just recently got my A licence so thinking of trading up to a 2020 ST RS.
Had a test ride on Saturday and love it, it was wet but the smoothness of the throttle and gear changes had me sold.
I only have a couple of queries which might not be for here, but wondering about bar risers, i am 6,4" and steering dampers, does anyone use either?

Thanks all.

Offline STR JB

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 675R
  • City / Town: Oxon
Re: A13 new to Triumphs - Saying hello.
Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 08:10:16 PM
Hi A13, Iím 6ft3, Iíve got a 2015 R and have no problems with the size of the bike, it does have a comfort seat which is not that comfortable but is supposedly 20mm higher than the standard seat - doesnít answer your question but hope it helps..... :401:

Offline A13

• Topic Author
Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 08:23:18 PM
*Originally Posted by STR JB [+]
Hi A13, Iím 6ft3, Iíve got a 2015 R and have no problems with the size of the bike, it does have a comfort seat which is not that comfortable but is supposedly 20mm higher than the standard seat - doesnít answer your question but hope it helps..... :401:

Thanks that is useful, a taller seat is about the same height as a riser kit and easier to fit i imagine.
I think I have found a used 2020 RS so if i can get my Svart sold i should be able to get this done.

Offline STR JB

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 675R
  • City / Town: Oxon
Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 08:53:25 PM
Dead easy to fit, you donít even need a spanner

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 09:18:03 AM
*Originally Posted by A13 [+]
Hi all,
Thought i should stop here and say hey.
I have a Svartpilen 401 and just recently got my A licence so thinking of trading up to a 2020 ST RS.
Had a test ride on Saturday and love it, it was wet but the smoothness of the throttle and gear changes had me sold.
I only have a couple of queries which might not be for here, but wondering about bar risers, i am 6,4" and steering dampers, does anyone use either?

Thanks all.

Hey A13!   Hello, good morning and a late but very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!

I think you've already had some response so I'm sure you'll get more information from members with more experience of the bike and the questions you've raised.

Have fun out there on that new machine and enjoy!!

Regards,

Adie

Offline A13

• Topic Author
Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 05:11:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys,
Got the RS today and managed to get out for a couple of hours.
Not a great pic but its my bike now and to say I'm quite happy about it would be somewhat of an understatement:

scandal-fat