Author Topic: Triple RS bar ends  (Read 184 times)

Offline Ron1000

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: New street 2021
  • City / Town: Livingston
Triple RS bar ends
on: November 18, 2020, 02:13:25 PM
Hey guys,
Apologies if this has been covered already.

My understanding is that the 765 triples have an unusual bar end setup, with a kind of slot and locking rings and an insert.

Has anybody done away with all that and fitted non-triumph bar ends / bar end mirrors.

My preferred choice of bar end / bar end mirrors come with a simple insert that expands from 14 to 20mm so covers a wide range of bars. Would these work yous think?

Thanks again
Ron1000
Ride and Destroy

Offline Ron1000

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: New street 2021
  • City / Town: Livingston
Re: Triple RS bar ends
Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 03:10:57 PM
I created a kind of work around for this guys.

The bar end mirrors I used are called highsider evo.

Turns out they come with a plastic spacer thatís just big enough diameter wise and just thin enough depth wise to utilise the small amount of bar thatís left at the end of the clutch side and throttle side tubes. 

If you use those in conjunction with the original bar end blanking disc you can slightly (about 2mm) slide the plastic bit and mirror back towards and slightly over the blanking disc thus hiding the raised part on the disc.

Looks pretty neat imo and to me looks nicer than the stock mirrors.

I canít get a solution for a bar end weight, thatís a lot trickier.

The slight raise in the silver bar insert just makes any normal bar end look unsightly. Bit of a bummer as I prefer to only run one mirror on the RHS.

I also removed the grips (probably shouldnít have as the factory ones are pretty decent) and fitted a set of progrip grips. Nightmare to do biut looks nice.
Ride and Destroy