Author Topic: Datatool S4 sadness  (Read 910 times)

Offline Ron1000

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: West Lothian
Datatool S4 sadness
on: November 22, 2020, 10:55:15 PM
Good old datatool eh.

So Iím going to strip the datatool S4 alarm off my RS.

Am I right in saying i just need the bypass plug after I strip it out to allow for normal starting.

Anybody know the bypass plug part no. Canít see it listed on WoT.
Ride and Destroy

Street Triple RS, Monster 1100 Evo, VFR800Fi (Donkey), R6 (Track Bike).

Online Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
Re: Datatool S4 sadness
Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 11:01:59 AM
Yes that is what you need, can't help with the part number though

Offline Ron1000

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 11:51:03 AM
Going to give my local triumph dealer a phone and see what they say about this part no.
Ride and Destroy

Online redstr13

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 13str

Offline Ron1000

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 01:16:44 PM
Thatís exactly the one I seen last nightÖ

Önow I donít want to sound tight but £25! Ooft. Just wondering if triumph dealers have these things for much cheapness.
Ride and Destroy

Offline tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
  • City / Town: Gloucester
Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 01:18:09 PM
I paid Triumph about 4 quid for one a few years ago so 25 quid is taking the p****!

A search on the forums will tell you which connectors on the harness plug to short together - that's free!
Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:19:41 PM by tim.8061

Offline MeLostNever

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Street Triple R Low
  • City / Town: London/Alps
Reply #6 on: March 06, 2021, 03:12:12 PM
To allow dealers to offer the option of cheap and quick installation of the Datatool alarm/immobilizer fitment these plugs were standard fit on all bikes as they left the factory.  In simple terms the plug completes various circuits essential to starting the bike. 

When the Datatool alarm/immobilizer is installed it substitutes for that plug and when it is disarmed it replicates the internal bridges in that plug.  However the standard plug should have been posted back to datatool by the installer as part of the warranty registration process, so in theory there should not be any of these plugs available in the wild - and certainly not on the Bay. 

For your own safety you might wish to buy only through a third party account so that you are not telling the seller the precise location of a Street Triple which will quite probably no longer have an immobilizer installed in a week or two time so just may suddenly disappear.  Sadly not everyone offering items on the Bay is wholly trustworthy.  Meantime all vintages of Street Triples are still attractive targets for thieves especially if they know in advance they no longer have an alarm fitted.

In practice the parts people at most Triumph dealers will probably have one or two around simply to allow them to eliminate alarm system faults when fault finding.  I suggest you ignore the Bay and instead call a dealer who already knows you and your Street Triple as they will probably be willing to supply a genuine replacement plug especially if you are able to show them the alarm you have removed.

Obviously removing the alarm/immobilizer from your Street Triple may need to be notified to your insurer.

scandal-fat