Author Topic: New member from Las Vegas  (Read 238 times)

Offline bergerhl

• Topic Author
  • Bike: 2019 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Las Vegas
New member from Las Vegas
on: November 28, 2020, 01:00:07 AM
I'll be taking delivery of my ST3 in about a week...super excited! Haven't had a Triumph since I was in HS but fell in love with the ST3 and had to have one. Anyone else from Vegas?

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Re: New member from Las Vegas
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 10:24:23 AM
*Originally Posted by bergerhl [+]
I'll be taking delivery of my ST3 in about a week...super excited! Haven't had a Triumph since I was in HS but fell in love with the ST3 and had to have one. Anyone else from Vegas?

Hey bergerhl!  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!

Triumphs have changed a lot since you were in High School - unless that was just last year, of course .... in which case they've just got different colour schemes and so forth!  :001:

I'm not sure there are others here from the 'City of Sin' - hopefully they'll chime in rather than hide!   

I remember on one of my early trips to the US - possibly my first in 1979 - my (then) wife and I were in a motel on the outskirts of the city and we rode into downtown in jeans and shirt - no jackets, no helmets.  It had been a hell of hot day and the relatively cool evening air was perfect for relaxed riding.  I pulled up at a stop light and a guy on a 'bike pulled up alongside and said "Hey buddy - there's a helmet law in this state!"   :005: :211:  And I had thought that all those cage drivers were staring at me because I was a Limey on a 750 Commando in LV Nevada and - of course - ubercool!  HAH!! Actually, the bike was California registered so most of the drivers were looking at me and thinking "Jeez., that dumb jerk's about to get a ticket!"

So, taking delivery of Triumph's finest next week?  Tell us all more - we're good listeners.  Is it brand new?  Which model?  Which colour?  You'll be taking some pictures to show us, of course, so how about a write up of your dealer experience?  Or your first ride home?  Enquiring minds need to know!

Enjoy the ride with us - stay safe and stay well.

Regards,

Adie

Offline bergerhl

• Topic Author
  • Bike: 2019 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Las Vegas
Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 04:01:53 PM
Hi Adie,

Thank you for the thoughtful response…good to hear from you!

My first street bike was a ’64 Bonneville which I bought from a friend in Southern California in 1968. I loved that bike but sold it when I reluctantly moved to Ohio to attend university. Didn’t have another bike till much later in life. Got a Harley, which was cool, but not a lot of fun. Then got a BMW r1200rt a few years ago to do some touring.

A few months ago I demo’d a Street Triple R Low at my local dealer and it was all over, I totally fell in love with it.
It fit me like a glove and was a ton of fun. I started looking to buy a 2020 or 2021 Street Triple R, but found a private party who was selling his Sapphire Black 2019 with only 700 mi. for a very reasonable price and since I preferred the TFT, it was an easy decision. Checked it out and did the due diligence on it and it’s being picked up for shipment to me this Monday so I may actually have it by the end of the week. I put an ad out to sell the BMW last week and have had a couple of nibbles, but nothing solid yet…no rush on that.

I’m fortunate to live in the Red Rock Canyon area in NW Las Vegas. I’m tucked up into the foothills of the mountains and unlike some of the other areas around Las Vegas, is quite beautiful. I’m relatively close to a few national parks in Nevada and Utah that offer scenic roads.

I’ve been traveling to the UK at least once a year for business since 2008 in the October timeframe and stay in London…typically Kensington.  COVID threw a wrench in my travel plans this year, but hopefully be back in 2021.

I appreciate your greeting!

Stay well,

Howard

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 06:18:52 PM
Welcome Bergerh,
 If your travelling over here it's a spanner  :007:....if your staying put, it's a wrench  :038:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross