Author Topic: Should I be worried  (Read 13150 times)

Offline Ron1000

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: West Lothian
Re: Should I be worried
Reply #40 on: December 29, 2020, 07:12:10 PM
Yes itís about 3years and 3 months old.
Ride and Destroy

Street Triple RS, Monster 1100 Evo, VFR800Fi (Donkey), R6 (Track Bike).

Offline runningman

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Bedfordshire
Reply #41 on: December 30, 2020, 04:45:11 PM
I'd dump it back with Triumph and argue the Sales of Goods Act and it being "fit for purpose". Providing your bike hasn't had too hard of a life in the 3 years and 3 months you've had it, you could be in with a shout of a goodwill replacement.
Street Triple 675 R (ABS) 2013, Matte Graphite

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Reply #42 on: December 30, 2020, 08:36:12 PM
*Originally Posted by runningman [+]
argue the Sales of Goods Act and it being "fit for purpose".

That's what I was getting at. Phone Trading Standards if Triumph don't give you any joy....they will advise you and give you a case Ref. No to put on your correspondence to Triumph. I had to do this twice with Halfords, both times getting a new FOC part as they should have given me in the first place,  :028:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline Triple fan

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 675R
  • City / Town: Lancashire
Reply #43 on: December 31, 2020, 08:42:58 AM
Sorry to hear about your problem with the bike Ron,it's not unknown for Triumph TFT screens to go pop,so glad my 2014 bike doesn't have one.
Listen to this from about the 1 minute mark,I'm afraid it's not very encouraging...

Offline Ron1000

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #44 on: January 05, 2021, 02:03:21 PM
Hey guys,
Update. Second hand dash arrived, plugged in and working. Iím very happy with that.

Couple issues thoÖfor anybody that finds themselves in this situation:
1. Bike wonít fire, immobiliser mismatch. Triumph need to fix this and need the bike (not just the dash) to do this.

2. This is a biggie guys. Beware of 2nd hand dashes. The odo will always be wrong, the dash is (when new say) allowed a once and once only setup to mileage of the bike. So Iím stuck with the wrong mileage.

3. However one hope Iíve got isÖafter speaking to triumphÖdue to mileage and full service history, they might give me a new dash for free so fingers crossed.

So yep all my diagnostic work was kind of worth it but also not worth itÖsmoked dash, simple in the end.
Ride and Destroy

Offline Ron1000

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #45 on: January 18, 2021, 04:50:51 PM
Question for anybody out there.

Has anybody worked with or has triumph dealer tool?

I have a question about it.

TIA
Ride and Destroy

Offline Ron1000

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #46 on: January 20, 2021, 02:26:45 PM
Hi guyís,
Final message on this one. I hope this helps someone in the future.

So the R dash I bought cannot be re-coded or re-flashed with RS software. That has been confirmed by the triumph factory. So if anybody finds themselves in a similar situation as this do not buy a different model dash in the hope it can be re-coded, triumph either canít or are unwilling to do this; this has also been confirmed by the dealer.

So the only options are to buy a new RS dash at £930 + fitting.

Or buy a HM M3 dash which needs no wiring mods. Some caution on this tho. Whilst it will work and provides lots of functionality. I personally havenít gotten my hands on one so unknown whether you get an odo or the menu joy stick works or not and it does say track use but it also says full standard dash functionality so I assume it can do both.

Buy an RS dash from somewhere. I have been told that an RS dash should work even if not strictly the same part number but again this is unproven and buying one would be further risk.

So there yous have it. I was right to worry after all.

If anybody finds themselves in this situation feel free to pm me and I can talk about it in more detail. After all the £930 option is painful so I might be able to help someone avoid that.

End of saga.
Ride and Destroy

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #47 on: January 20, 2021, 03:27:35 PM
A sad ending, then, to something of a sorry tale.  At least it's now out there and searchable for anone else in a similar situation.

You haven't said what your are actually going to do - are you still waiting on some assistance from the factory?

Offline Ron1000

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #48 on: January 20, 2021, 04:20:28 PM
So Iíve just purchased an RS dash on eBay and the seller said I can return it if it doesnít work for me. So thatís first try.

If not Iíll buy the HM 3M track dash at half the cost of the triumph one.

No triumph factory havenít offered any further help and the dealer isnít prepared to help with the cost in anyway. To be fair to the dealer and to triumph they want to get their hands on it and have a look first. But itís pointless, it was a dodgy wiring accident and thereís nothing further to look into.

So yeah a good will gesture would be nice but not their fault really it is what it is. And of course the electrical engineer in me has identified the problem and working towards a solution. I quite like being in control of the issue and understanding the bike in detail.
Ride and Destroy

Offline Ron1000

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #49 on: January 21, 2021, 05:47:29 PM
*Originally Posted by Ron1000 [+]

If not Iíll buy the HM 3M track dash at half the cost of the triumph one.

Small update. HM have clarified that they donít do a dash that will allow functionality of the indicators, lights, etc. So wonít be road legal. So thatís that idea gone. If the RS dash doesnít work. Iím stuck with a £1020 bill for a dash.  :003: :003: :003: :003:
Ride and Destroy

scandal-fat