Author Topic: US 2018 Striple 765 RS down! Need help with parts from UK  (Read 677 times)

Offline Striple Guy

• Topic Author
  • Bike: 18' Street Triple RS
Re: US 2018 Striple 765 RS down! Need help with parts from UK
Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 06:57:24 PM
Sir, you are awesome! :821:

I provided the Fowler info to my repair shop. He is going to contact Fowler and make things happen. The at fault drivers insurance company is being very accommodating and said they understood the issue with parts availability and that they would cover any shipping cost involved.

I, like you, am retired but drive a bus on a morning route for private school  i. My other part job is range safety officer at our public shooting range. I have to stay occupied as I don't do well when I'm idle.

Thank you again so much for your help! Cheers

Offline VBui

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2014 Street Triple R
Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 08:51:31 PM
Surely itís easier and cheaper to simply buy the parts from your local dealer?

Am I missing something? :027:

Offline Striple Guy

• Topic Author
  • Bike: 18' Street Triple RS
Reply #12 on: January 08, 2021, 09:55:43 PM
you would think. First place I tried. Need to order from, you guessed it, the UK.  I can find used parts on flea bay but that ain't happening

Offline VBui

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2014 Street Triple R
Reply #13 on: January 08, 2021, 10:18:06 PM
*Originally Posted by Striple Guy [+]
you would think. First place I tried. Need to order from, you guessed it, the UK.  I can find used parts on flea bay but that ain't happening
Thatís odd, canít your dealer order the parts? Something doesnít sound right, maybe another dealer will be more helpful :027:

Maybe Triumph Canada would work out easier and cheaper than UK

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #14 on: January 09, 2021, 11:19:04 AM
*Originally Posted by VBui [+]
Thatís odd, canít your dealer order the parts? Something doesnít sound right, maybe another dealer will be more helpful :027:

Maybe Triumph Canada would work out easier and cheaper than UK

I'd guess there are two things to consider here :-

1) whether or not stock availability in the States and/or Canada will make this a viable or practical option.  If there's no available stock then the US/Canada dealer would, I assume, probably order through the regional distributor who would order from Triumph so that's the likelihood of at least one extra process stage.

2) there's a possibility of some additional mark-up in any additional stage.

So ....... time and money?

I recommended Fowler's purely because I've had good experiences in my dealings with them.   Tomspurs recommended WoT presumably for the same or a similar reason.   In the final analysis it might come down to which of the two (or any other franchised main dealer) has the better service or cost option offering - that's something of a gamble for the OP with service being the high stake since cost is a relatively minor consideration thanks to the insurer's liability.

We know for sure that Fowler's can do the deal so it's probably quicker to just go directly to them and preclude any need to spend time on the web and the 'phone checking who has what and can -  or can't - do this, that or t'other.

BTW, I have ABSOLUTELY NO tie to Fowlers - other than as a satisfied customer.   And my only 'involvement' in this is to try to assist a fellow STriple owner who asked for a bit of assistance/advice.   I've been helped out by other forum members in the past so it's payback time!   :002:

Regards,

Adie