Author Topic: 2020 RS deals?  (Read 754 times)

Offline 2012StreetT

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2012 Street Triple
  • City / Town: London
2020 RS deals?
on: January 06, 2021, 05:29:15 PM
Just curious on what deals people got their 2020 Street Triple RS with, seem to vary in price a lot in UK?

Iím looking at a one year old pre registered RS with only 10 delivery miles on the clock. Due to being registered and sitting on showroom it will only have one years warranty.

Offline runningman

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Bedfordshire
Re: 2020 RS deals?
Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 08:14:30 PM
Really?

I got a 1 year old ex factory bike (back in 2014), but that still came with a 2 year warranty. I'd expect and want 2 years from a Triumph dealer.
Street Triple 675 R (ABS) 2013, Matte Graphite

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Street Triple Master
Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 10:10:28 AM
Extending the Triumph factory warranty for another year now costs £250.

Maybe tell them you're interested if they reduce your negotiated price by another £250? I doubt they are selling millions of bikes at the moment considering the weather.

Offline Scrubber

• Street Triple God
Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 10:25:20 AM
I got a email from Triumph offering a extra year RAC cover for free. The current two year warranty still has a year to run! Now I find the RAC/Triumph cover pretty pathetic in what it covers. No puncture repair or recovery in an accident. They only will cover a mechanical breakdown, a couple of years ago they refused to recover my bike after an attempted theft smashed the steering/ignition lock. The AA were quite happy to do it and take it to the dealer. When I looked into this "free' offer you had to give your credit card details and that would set up a payment scheme for ever after the 'free' period. i.e. you would have to physically tell them you did not want to continue. To me that is not right and really the cover is not worth the paper it's written on.
Warning. Do not neccesarily take everything I say as serious or the truth.

Offline 2012StreetT

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 11:46:29 AM
Speaking to the Triumph you can only extend the original 2 year warranty before the bike is 13months old. After that point there is no option to extend it.

Offline Scrubber

• Street Triple God
Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 12:19:47 PM
Then why did I get an offer to extend it when this bike is only 12 months old 2012StreetT? Does not make any sense to me. But as I said the warranty is so limited as to be virtually useless.
Warning. Do not neccesarily take everything I say as serious or the truth.

Offline 2012StreetT

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 02:12:46 PM
*Originally Posted by Scrubber [+]
Then why did I get an offer to extend it when this bike is only 12 months old 2012StreetT? Does not make any sense to me. But as I said the warranty is so limited as to be virtually useless.

If the bike was only 12months old then it would be eligible for the extended warranty, I was told by Triumph that it had a to be under 13months old to get the extension. The bike I am looking at is more than 13 months so wouldn't be able to.

Offline Snips

• Street Triple Master
  • @nigelstreet
  • Bike: Street Triple Rx
  • City / Town: Newmarket
Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 03:54:50 PM
When I bought my bike new [admittedly back in 2015] one of the conditions on the warranty was that you had to have the first service with 30 days (which meant racking up 500 miles, or whatever it was) - which I took with a pinch of salt as I'll run my bikes in at my own pace, but might be 'enforced' if it's been sat for a year.
2015 Street Triple Rx.  SC Project Conic 'zorst. 7x5 plate. Supabrake-2.  #HideTheHorn
Triumph: Rear sets, LED indicators, anodised reservoirs, bar end mirrors, short levers.
Evotech: Tail tidy, Shark Fin, Rad Guard. Rear foot peg blanking plates.
MCT tuned suspension. Lithium battery

Offline Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 04:02:22 PM
*Originally Posted by Snips [+]
When I bought my bike new [admittedly back in 2015] one of the conditions on the warranty was that you had to have the first service with 30 days (which meant racking up 500 miles, or whatever it was) - which I took with a pinch of salt as I'll run my bikes in at my own pace, but might be 'enforced' if it's been sat for a year.

When ever I've bought a new bike (2006 ZX6R, 2008 Speed triple 1050, 2013 Street Triple R and current 2017 Street Triple RS) I book the first service for 7 days after collection and in each case I've actually been slightly over the miles at service.

Offline Ali-bear

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
  • City / Town: Chipping Sodbury
Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 11:02:39 AM
Regardless of warranty, you're looking at a bike that is already one year old. That will affect the resale value of the bike, therefore it affects the value of the bike today. Plus, the dealer needs to suck up the cost for pre-registering it.
While it sits there it is losing value.
Haggle hard.
If they don't move enough on price, remember that their mechanics will be mostly idle at this time of year. If you buy accessories they should be able to fit them for free.