Author Topic: New here backto bikes  (Read 282 times)

Offline Backtobikes

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Tst 765 rs
New here backto bikes
on: January 12, 2021, 08:54:49 AM
Hello folks just found this forum. Returned to biking last summer after 10 years off. Bought a 2018 triumph street triple rs. Last bike I had before that was an 07 zx6r. Well bikes certainly moved on in 10 years the street triple is stupid easy to ride and the handling and brakes are sublime.

Offline sabre

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
Re: New here backto bikes
Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 09:15:55 AM
Welcome aboard.  :028:
2013 Triumph Street Triple R
1989 Yamaha TDR250
recent departures: 2003 ZRX1200r + 2015 CRF250L :-(

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 09:32:24 AM
*Originally Posted by Backtobikes [+]
Hello folks just found this forum. Returned to biking last summer after 10 years off. Bought a 2018 triumph street triple rs. Last bike I had before that was an 07 zx6r. Well bikes certainly moved on in 10 years the street triple is stupid easy to ride and the handling and brakes are sublime.

Hey Backtobikes!  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!

You're on a roll -- back into motorcycling; discovered the very best of bikes on which to return to the fold, and have found the Street Triple forum!   All we need now is to kick the pandemic into touch, get some semblance of normality back to every day life and - perhaps - enjoy a decent season of riding where and when we want to!    Well, we can dream, can't we?   At least you'll have plenty of time to give the RS a detailed clean and service ready for when we can get back out on to the road.   In the meantime, maybe we could see some pictures of the new toy?

Good to have you on board.  Stay well and stay safe.

Regards,

Adie

Offline Backtobikes

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Tst 765 rs
Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 11:06:40 AM
Thanks guys. Itching for a ride if we ever get a half reasonable day just can't be justified because of the lockdown. If I binned it then I could well be tieing up a much needed hospital bed not too mention the legal issues. Bought some winter kit just in case we got a dry sunny winters day as well. Bikes all wrapped up at the minute but am off next week so will drag it out of its hiding place and take some pics.
Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 11:19:46 AM by Backtobikes

Offline gvy

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2011 street triple
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 10:09:53 PM
Hi, and a very warm welcome on these cold days.

Here in Belgium, we have more of a semi lockdown (hospital figures are currently better) and unlike the first lockdown in march 2020, this time we can drive and ride whenever and wherever we want. Government did see that the problem is not getting worse by people driving a bike or motorcycle or a car. Most shops are open with some precautionary actions and there is a night clock though.
But the last days weather is to bad to ride.

I really wish for you fellow Street Triple riders over the pond, that you can hop on the bike real soon again
Stay safe

Geert
Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:13:59 PM by gvy

scandal-fat