Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 800 times)

Online Col68

• Topic Author
  • Bike: STR 675
on: January 16, 2021, 05:24:42 PM
Hi all new to triumphs or anything modern come to that bought 2015 street triple r back in September managed to get a few rides in before winter looking forward to spring /summer to properly use it and gaining some knowledge from you experts

Online adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Re: Newbie
Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 09:48:14 AM
*Originally Posted by Col68 [+]
Hi all new to triumphs or anything modern come to that bought 2015 street triple r back in September managed to get a few rides in before winter looking forward to spring /summer to properly use it and gaining some knowledge from you experts

Hey Col68!  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!

So, can we take it from your use of the expression " ... or anything modern come to that ..." that you're, perhaps, an owner/rider/user of the older varieties of two wheeled transport?  Presumably not the Meriden products as you also said that you're 'new to Triumphs'.  Or maybe I'm just reading too much into things? 

Well, regardless, welcome on board, drag up a seat and consider telling us where you are; what you do and what got you into the more modern two wheeler - we already know why you chose the Street Triple ...... obvious, really!    Oh, and we do like to see pictures!

I suspect that the vast majority of us is as eagerly awaiting spring/summer as are you!   I know I am.  We could REALLY do with a post covid bonanza of dry, warm and sunny weather and decent roads to ride.   Soon!

In the meantime, stay safe, stay well.

Regards,

Adie

Online Col68

• Topic Author
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 05:13:54 PM
Thanks Adiepage for the welcome you’re right about “anything modern” been into the old two strokes for years thought it was about time to get into 21st century here is my str

Online adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 05:51:16 PM
*Originally Posted by Col68 [+]
Thanks Adiepage for the welcome you’re right about “anything modern” been into the old two strokes for years thought it was about time to get into 21st century here is my str

Well,Col. the ST is a fine replacement for the old twosmoke stuff - not too dissimilar in power delivery characteristics but many times more environmentally, user and wallet friendly!

Thanks for the pic. - nice bike!

Regards,

Adie

Online Col68

• Topic Author
Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 07:04:57 PM
Fortunately the triple is an addition to the old smokers just not as smokey or noisy it also has brakes that stop lol still enjoy riding them though roll on the better weather

Offline Alba_Lupus

• Bike: Street Triple 2012
  • City / Town: Herefordshire
Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 02:11:18 PM
Hi Col68 , nice looking STR  :028:

Online Col68

• Topic Author
Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 03:10:59 PM
Cheers alba not had it long but we’ll pleased with it

Offline Alba_Lupus

• Bike: Street Triple 2012
  • City / Town: Herefordshire
Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 10:13:57 AM
Hey Col68,

What 'smokers' have you got?  I do love the smell of a 2stroke ( yeah I know, thats me on the odd shelf!!)

I loved my 2 strokes in the 80's...... wish I still had my RGV250, god I loved that thing  ..... sounded brilliant with a set of microns on it :028:

Online Col68

• Topic Author
Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 07:03:29 PM
Nothing odd about that have  a 350lc and tdr250 both great fun and smell good too  :001:

Offline sabre

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
Reply #9 on: January 26, 2021, 05:23:59 PM
Hey Col68, nice to see another TDR250 owner that is finding the STR to be (almost) as much fun.  :028:
My TDR250 gets regular warm weather use. But I must admit that I keep half an eye on the miles it is racking up these days (now over 30k).

Steve.
2013 Triumph Street Triple R
1989 Yamaha TDR250
recent departures: 2003 ZRX1200r + 2015 CRF250L :-(