Author Topic: Tors exhaust 2010 street triple  (Read 950 times)

Offline Speedyboy76

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street triple
  • City / Town: Wilmslow
Tors exhaust 2010 street triple
on: January 19, 2021, 08:55:37 AM
Hi

As stated looking for a set of tors exhaust cans for my 2010 street triple. I'm based in Cheshire but dont mind travelling cash waiting.

Cheers Steve  :028:

Offline Speedyboy76

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Re: Tors exhaust 2010 street triple
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 12:57:56 PM
No takers???? :187:

Offline Speedyboy76

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 02:25:01 PM
Anything considered

Need to get this thing sounding good and not like an asthmatic sewing machine. :005:

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 03:46:19 PM
*Originally Posted by Speedyboy76 [+]
Anything considered

Need to get this thing sounding good and not like an asthmatic sewing machine. :005:

Hi Speedyboy.   I fear that you're probably going to have to widen your search and include looking for aftermarket silencers to get away from the 'asthmatic sewing machine'  :001:  syndrome.  I doubt that very many TORs were made - after all, most owners went looking for weight saving as much as a better sound from their silencers and the TORs provided all of the latter with virtually none of the former!

I recall some years ago that Triumph main dealers were selling off TORs at a bargain price (I think about 100 per set plus post!) and the relatively few available disappeared very quickly from the stockroom shelves ..... wish I'd bought more!  But you really don't want to hear that, do you?

If you're willing to embrace the aftermarket scene but still want two high level silencers, have a word with Hotmetal on here - I have a vague recollection that he put a pair of much lighter aftermarket cans on his Street and got an acceptably rich tone without the noise being overbearing or obnoxious - my senility, however, means I can't recall what make of cans he has!  Sorry.

I hope you find a pair of TORs - the reward is well worth the effort.  I put a pair on my wife's bike and was well impressed but I wanted a set of Arrows on mine thinking they'd be lighter AND sound even sweeter than the TORs.  Lighter, yes.  Fruitier?  WRONG!   The TORs give a deeper tone that just gets sweeter as the tacho. needle climbs and they have this deep rumbling growl at higher revs.  The Arrows sound nice - probably 'crisper' than the TORs - but they're baritone to the TOR's basso profundo!   IMHO.

Good luck with the search, I'll keep my eyes open for ya!

Offline Speedyboy76

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 03:54:17 PM
At the end of my tether with it now been after a system since I got the bike 6 months ago and still not managed to get anything. I really want a low boy but they are impossible to get and stupid money.

I reckon I'm just going to sell it and buy a tuono v4. This is the second triumph I've owned and the second time I've felt the need to sell after 6 months starting to loose faith.

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 05:46:46 PM
At the end of my tether with it now been after a system since I got the bike 6 months ago and still not managed to get anything. I really want a low boy but they are impossible to get and stupid money.

I reckon I'm just going to sell it and buy a tuono v4. This is the second triumph I've owned and the second time I've felt the need to sell after 6 months starting to loose faith.

I can understand your frustration but, it would be such a pity to downgrade your choice of bike just for the want of a more uhmmmm ..... 'vociferous' exhaust system.  :001:

Seriously, I imagine a slip on for a Tuono isn't going to be any cheaper than buying a pair of new aftermarket cans for the Street and, though I may be entirely wrong about this, I'd be willing to wager a few shillings that Aprilia have sold far fewer Tuonos than Triumph have sold Street Triples so, fundamentally, aftermarket and used stuff like cans, etc., are going to be equally hard to find and/or equally expensive to buy.

A pair of TORs in decent conditon are unlikely to sell for much less than 140 - 150, given that standard systems seem to be going for upwards of 100 so maybe 210 for brand new stainless cans and link pipes doesn't seem too far out of the ball park ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toro-300mm-Oval-Stainless-Steel-Twin-Exhaust-Triumph-Street-Triple-675-07-12-/324166181157

https://motorcyclepartswarehouse.co.uk/toro-300mm-oval-stainless-steel-twin-exhaust-triumph-street-triple-675-07-12.html

Hang in there, Speedy - and hang on to the ST - I'm sure something will come up that suits the budget and the need for more noise!  It's just a matter of time ......

Offline Speedyboy76

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 09:01:41 AM
Spent the day yesterday calling lots of people dealers and aftermarket suppliers cannot get a system that fits the look I want and within a decent budget. So reckon its gonna be going up for sale this weekend.

Really disappointing as this is the second triumph I have owned and the second one I've had a bad experience with. Wont be making this mistake again.

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 11:43:41 AM
Spent the day yesterday calling lots of people dealers and aftermarket suppliers cannot get a system that fits the look I want and within a decent budget. So reckon its gonna be going up for sale this weekend.

Really disappointing as this is the second triumph I have owned and the second one I've had a bad experience with. Wont be making this mistake again.

OK, so,  let me get this straight.

You buy what is, arguably, one of the best value road machines available today - great looks; brilliant handling; wonderful motor, generally viewed as reliable and, in many ways, often seen as "class leading",  BUT ........ because you can't get hold of a solution to your personal demand for 'more noise' at a budget which, as yet, you haven't actually specified, it's become a Triumph problem and a 'bad experience'?   

Forgive me if this sounds a bit harsh - it's not meant to - but I really am trying to get my head around your 'bad experience' being the fault of the bike or the manufacturer.   I offered a couple of, what seems to me to be, fairly inexpensive aftermarket silencers but it seems that you expect someone to pop up with a pair of TORs (and maybe a set of de-catted header pipes?) within the space of about 4 days of asking.   Sure, you MIGHT have got lucky and found that one hit that would tick all of the boxes but, as you're now realising, life isn't always like that and you have to hope for the best while expecting the worst. 

Do you see my point here?     There IS, almost certainly, a solution out there  BUT  it will either cost more, or take longer to find and buy than your current expectations suggest. (IMHO)

I REALLY hope you find what you need and stick with the ST.  And us.    If not, then I hope the Tuono is as reliable; economical and noisy to own and ride as you appear to think it will be. 

Regards,

Adie

Offline Speedyboy76

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 12:38:47 PM
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
OK, so,  let me get this straight.

You buy what is, arguably, one of the best value road machines available today - great looks; brilliant handling; wonderful motor, generally viewed as reliable and, in many ways, often seen as "class leading",  BUT ........ because you can't get hold of a solution to your personal demand for 'more noise' at a budget which, as yet, you haven't actually specified, it's become a Triumph problem and a 'bad experience'?   

Forgive me if this sounds a bit harsh - it's not meant to - but I really am trying to get my head around your 'bad experience' being the fault of the bike or the manufacturer.   I offered a couple of, what seems to me to be, fairly inexpensive aftermarket silencers but it seems that you expect someone to pop up with a pair of TORs (and maybe a set of de-catted header pipes?) within the space of about 4 days of asking.   Sure, you MIGHT have got lucky and found that one hit that would tick all of the boxes but, as you're now realising, life isn't always like that and you have to hope for the best while expecting the worst. 

Do you see my point here?     There IS, almost certainly, a solution out there  BUT  it will either cost more, or take longer to find and buy than your current expectations suggest. (IMHO)

I REALLY hope you find what you need and stick with the ST.  And us.    If not, then I hope the Tuono is as reliable; economical and noisy to own and ride as you appear to think it will be. 

Regards,

Adie

Thanks for your input.

I'm not blaming triumph or the bike. I'm actually blaming myself for making the wrong decision.

I have owned this bike for about 6 months now and choose it over a tuono. In that time I have been constantly looking for an exhaust. I have owned an aprilia before and know them well. They have a great support network with some very knowledgeable people to help out. Also parts are readily available and come at reasonable prices even for the earlier models.

My experience with triumph is that if the bike is over 5 years old they dont seem interested (my experience by the way) I have tried on numerous occasions on numerous platforms to source the solution to MY problem with the bike. I have been riding for over 25 years and never had this much hassle trying to find a part that will do what I want. You might say I'm selfish but it's my bike and if I want it to sound different that's my choice.

I do agree the bike is nice but not perfect if I can find a solution to my issue I have no problems keeping hold of it but it appears that solution is a lot further away than I'm willing to travel. Having said this I would rather sell and move back to something I know.

Hopefully someone will come up with something soon.

Offline tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
  • City / Town: Gloucester
Reply #9 on: January 22, 2021, 01:43:57 PM
Headers make little difference to the noise, the aptly named silencers (aka cans) do the noise suppression. A cheap pair of after market slip-on cans are easy enough to source, and the OE headers can be decat in 10 mins if you insist. Sounds like a lot of fuss over nothing IMHO.