Author Topic: New Member  (Read 506 times)

Offline Alba_Lupus

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 2012
  • City / Town: Herefordshire
on: January 19, 2021, 12:44:34 PM
Hi All, new on here..... finally bought an STR!  been riding for years but  never scratched the Triumph itch. I'll be collecting my very tasty 2012 STR as soon as lockdown 3.0 ends  :001:

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Re: New Member
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 06:16:03 PM
Welcome to the Forum Alba...I have a 12 plate I bought a little while ago....still polishing it as the weathers rubbish (short into here  :821:)
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 09:58:11 AM
*Originally Posted by Alba_Lupus [+]
Hi All, new on here..... finally bought an STR!  been riding for years but  never scratched the Triumph itch. I'll be collecting my very tasty 2012 STR as soon as lockdown 3.0 ends  :001:

Hey Alba Lupus!  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!!

I'm very glad to hear that you finally got around to scratching that itch and assuaging the burning desire for Triumph's finest!  Don't know how you managed to resist it for so long, actually.  Commendable!   :038:

In the current circumstances I guess it's best that the bike remains  in the shop until lockdown is lifted - the weather's crap anyway so it wouldn't be much fun riding in this, but it's going to be a frustrating wait, isn't it?   Never mind - if you've ridden one you'll know it is worth every minute of the tedious wait!

I'm intrigued by your choice of forum name - is it simply a reflection of an interest in white wolves or, perhaps, a clever play on the Gaelic word for Scotland?    Enquiring minds need to know!  :001:

Anyway, nice to have you on board.  Let's see some pictures, pleasse, of the new (to you) bike when it does arrive. 

In the meantime, stay safe and stay well.

Regards,

Adie

Offline Alba_Lupus

• Topic Author
Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 03:01:19 PM
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]

I'm very glad to hear that you finally got around to scratching that itch and assuaging the burning desire for Triumph's finest!  Don't know how you managed to resist it for so long, actually.  Commendable!   :038:

Nor me tbh, especially considering I have ridden for 25 odd years!!!!

I'm intrigued by your choice of forum name - is it simply a reflection of an interest in white wolves or, perhaps, a clever play on the Gaelic word for Scotland?    Enquiring minds need to know!  :001:

Haha. both! I have a great admiration / interest / fascination of Northern wolves and I am also an Irish Celt with Scottish ties :028:

In the meantime, stay safe and stay well.

Regards,

Adie
Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 03:02:52 PM by Alba_Lupus

Offline Alba_Lupus

• Topic Author
Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 03:08:25 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I'll get a pic up of the beastie as soon as I can in all her gleaming Imperial Purple. This one has been mostly pampered for its life and done very little miles......thats all about to change as I ride most of the year!
The garage its coming from has been very helpful during lockdown and offered to fit my heated grips for me!!

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 03:21:38 PM

25+ years of riding motorcycles other than Triumph definitely qualifies as 'odd' in my book!   :007:

Another Imperial Purple ..... definitely need pictures!   Great choice.   :028:

Offline Alba_Lupus

• Topic Author
Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 03:37:25 PM
25+ years of riding motorcycles other than Triumph definitely qualifies as 'odd' in my book!   :007:

Another Imperial Purple ..... definitely need pictures!   Great choice.   :028:

I know right, ive come close to having a triumph on a few occasions, most recently a 600TT - ( yes I like the odd ones ) but then we moved house.
But Hey, I've got one now......driving me nuts that I can't go get it, I had to drive down last night just to look at it through the window!!! :001:

It was the Purple that did it tbh, looks so good with the high level cans....... to change or not?!

Which one have you got Adie??
Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 03:41:00 PM by Alba_Lupus

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 05:21:10 PM
I know right, ive come close to having a triumph on a few occasions, most recently a 600TT - ( yes I like the odd ones ) but then we moved house.
But Hey, I've got one now......driving me nuts that I can't go get it, I had to drive down last night just to look at it through the window!!! :001:

It was the Purple that did it tbh, looks so good with the high level cans....... to change or not?!

Which one have you got Adie??

I know how it feels to be itching to get out on it - I'm a fair weather rider so when (my) riding season eventually re-opens every year I'm desperate to get back out there.  But, that's a self-inflicted problem - I have more than a few motorcycles so could, should I so wish, choose to treat one of them as a hack and ride at any time of the year.   Yep - I AM that pussy .....

My ST's a 2010 in Tornado red and my wife has a 2009 in a non-standard white.   I'm afraid I'm "of a certain age" and very much into the traditional styles of bike (round headlights, twin exhausts, etc.) and I usually try to maintain a factory appearance or, for the older ones, original spec. for my bikes so there's no way I'd personally be tempted to put, for instance, an aftermarket exhaust on them.   I also really like the more oddball colours that Triumph have used - your Imperial Purple, the Frogsnot Green and the Scorched Yellow Streets; the Fireball Orange on the Mk1 Speed Triple and the Dog Pecker Pink on the second generation Speed Triple.   Triumph had, IMHO, a really good eye for balancing an unsual design with an outlandish colour!  The current vogue of matt or satin colours does nothing for me, personally, but ............... each to their own!  :002:

I can definitely empathise with the idea of popping down to the shop on a regular basis to ogle the new toy through the window!

Offline Alba_Lupus

• Topic Author
Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 09:23:10 AM

My ST's a 2010 in Tornado red and my wife has a 2009 in a non-standard white.   I'm afraid I'm "of a certain age" and very much into the traditional styles of bike (round headlights, twin exhausts, etc.)

I can definitely empathise with the idea of popping down to the shop on a regular basis to ogle the new toy through the window!

Nice, they sound lovely....And I'm with you on that 'certain age!'
I love the look of the STR's , shame the new ones are a bit tame in the paint department..... that was what defined them I think.
As long as I can find as good set of spare cans my purple beastie will remain as stock as possible.  :028:

It still being in the showroom isn't so bad with all this c**p weather!, and I'm not counting days..Much!! :008:
Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 09:24:57 AM by Alba_Lupus

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 12:31:10 PM
Nice, they sound lovely....And I'm with you on that 'certain age!'

As long as I can find as good set of spare cans my purple beastie will remain as stock as possible.  :028:

The standard cans do come up occasionally on ebay - they're generally unloved as they're heavy and a bit "staid" in the design department - but they are durable (I assume they're stainless) and a quick search suggests that they are fetching fairly good prices.    I've got the Triumph Arrows on mine (wifey has TORs on hers) and I THINK I'll have more than one spare set of the standard originals stashed away somewhere.  At some point in the future I'll try to do a quick 'stocktake' and will let you know if I've got a good set that I can "release"!