Author Topic: Track day at Silverstone when Lockdown is over?  (Read 263 times)

Offline sweettriple

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple R
Track day at Silverstone when Lockdown is over?
on: March 04, 2021, 11:22:03 AM
Calling all Track Day enthusiasts,

I've been spending my days hazily dreaming about riding my STR when lockdown restrictions end and thought to hell with it so booked a Track Day at Silverstone for June 23rd, two days after lockdown restrictions are proposed to end. It would be nice to see a few other Street Triples at the track, it's the GP circuit so going to be pretty amazing especially if we get some good summer weather. Is anyone keen to join me for some laps around this iconic track? Only done one track day before (Castle Combe) and would welcome newbies like me or more experienced track riders to come and lead the way! Let me know if you're keen and we could meet somewhere convenient for coffee before hand. It's 249 for the day and if you don't have full leathers I believe you can hire some on the day.

Would be so good to have a pack of Britain's best motorcycles blasting around Britain's best track!

Offline Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
Re: Track day at Silverstone when Lockdown is over?
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 01:01:28 PM
While I must admit I fancy getting the RSout on track again Sliverstone would probably be my last choice of track (yes I have ridden t before 5 or 6 ties), it's really a Car track, flat (fast definitely) but lacking in features to make it interesting (to me). Now Donington/Oulton/Anglesey/Cadwell/Mallory (shor tnbut fun)  are way better IMHO.

Online Gary-401

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street triple RS 765
  • City / Town: London
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 01:03:39 PM
Hi! my friend has been to Silverstone and says its amazing. If you have only done one track day maybe do one or two before this. Its a fast track so to get the best out of it make sure you are confident carrying speed. (so im told) I have been told its very wide so lots of room to run wide and stay shiny side up. The track apparently has the best tarmac out of all the tracks my friend has tried. I will be at Cadwell for the 25th/26th May (if they go ahead) if you fancy it. Its my fav track so far lol. Ill be trying my track prepped Daytona for the first time (assuming i finish it by then). Have done it several times on the 765RS and awesome for the bike. and at 128 per day half the price of Silverstone lol. If the Daytona is all good I may book up Silverstone if still available.
"I'm a summertime boy"

Street Triple 765 RS, Daytona 675 Track Bike, Yamaha Tracer 900.

Offline sweettriple

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 01:09:09 PM
*Originally Posted by Green_Ninja [+]
While I must admit I fancy getting the RSout on track again Sliverstone would probably be my last choice of track (yes I have ridden t before 5 or 6 ties), it's really a Car track, flat (fast definitely) but lacking in features to make it interesting (to me). Now Donington/Oulton/Anglesey/Cadwell/Mallory (shor tnbut fun)  are way better IMHO.
Will have to try it out for myself, it was bought as a gift so can't complain and I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever track I ride. I'll have to try some of the others out soon on your recco thanks mate!

Offline sweettriple

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 01:12:08 PM
*Originally Posted by Gary-401 [+]
Hi! my friend has been to Silverstone and says its amazing. If you have only done one track day maybe do one or two before this. Its a fast track so to get the best out of it make sure you are confident carrying speed. (so im told) I have been told its very wide so lots of room to run wide and stay shiny side up. The track apparently has the best tarmac out of all the tracks my friend has tried. I will be at Cadwell for the 25th/26th May (if they go ahead) if you fancy it. Its my fav track so far lol. Ill be trying my track prepped Daytona for the first time (assuming i finish it by then). Have done it several times on the 765RS and awesome for the bike. and at 128 per day half the price of Silverstone lol. If the Daytona is all good I may book up Silverstone if still available.

Thanks for the info, I'm buzzing to have a blast round! Is your Cadwell trackday with MSV? Can't seem to find date's available for 25th/26th May, maybe they're sold out? I can see one for the 18th???

Online Gary-401

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street triple RS 765
  • City / Town: London
Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 01:28:26 PM
na its with no limits. Good track as mentioned you will enjoy it.
"I'm a summertime boy"

Street Triple 765 RS, Daytona 675 Track Bike, Yamaha Tracer 900.

scandal-fat