Author Topic: 2020 RS tank pad & bits  (Read 382 times)

Offline shaun

• Street Triple God
  • Topic Author
2020 RS tank pad & bits
on: April 01, 2021, 07:47:36 PM
I pick up my new street triple RS in silver next week so Iíll need a nice tank pad, Iíve had a quick look but not seen anything really,I donít want a rubber triumph one,so if anyone can recommend a nice one, Iíll also be fitting Evotech tail tidy &rad gaurd, Iíll need a fender extender if anyone has recommendations,cheers.

Online Ron1000

• Street Triple Master
  • City / Town: West Lothian
Re: 2020 RS tank pad & bits
Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 12:11:40 AM
Have a look at pro grip. Cheap, simple, minimalist.
Ride and Destroy

Street Triple RS, Monster 1100 Evo, VFR800Fi (Donkey), R6 (Track Bike).

Offline shaun

• Street Triple God
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 04:51:25 PM
Cheers Ron

Offline stripleRS320

• Street Triple Member
  • Mid life crises
  • Bike: Street Triple RS 2020
  • City / Town: Manawatu
Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 01:01:31 AM
whats wrong with the triumph rubber one?...Ive got it and on the side I have tech grips....works well....
Striplers320

Offline shaun

• Street Triple God
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 10:05:29 AM
*Originally Posted by stripleRS320 [+]
whats wrong with the triumph rubber one?...Ive got it and on the side I have tech grips....works well....

Iíve had the rubber ones on previous bikes ,I had one on a Daytona which rubbed a hole in my leather jacket and there not much to look at,Iíve seen one I like which should be here next week,I never bother with pads on the side of the tank,cheers.

Offline stripleRS320

• Street Triple Member
  • Mid life crises
  • Bike: Street Triple RS 2020
  • City / Town: Manawatu
Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 11:07:19 AM
*Originally Posted by shaun [+]
Iíve had the rubber ones on previous bikes ,I had one on a Daytona which rubbed a hole in my leather jacket and there not much to look at,Iíve seen one I like which should be here next week,I never bother with pads on the side of the tank,cheers.

Ah fair enough....Iíll keep an eye on mine and see what it does to my jacket. Iíd prefer not to have the tank grips however harder braking means it gets me in the wrists a bit and I like to squeeze the tank with my knees. Before the grips I kept sliding into the tank...they look ok....Iíd rather just have the invisible patterns stuff on the tank though
Striplers320

Offline shaun

• Street Triple God
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: April 04, 2021, 01:07:15 PM
*Originally Posted by stripleRS320 [+]
Ah fair enough....Iíll keep an eye on mine and see what it does to my jacket. Iíd prefer not to have the tank grips however harder braking means it gets me in the wrists a bit and I like to squeeze the tank with my knees. Before the grips I kept sliding into the tank...they look ok....Iíd rather just have the invisible patterns stuff on the tank though

Iíve found slipping into the tank is more to do with suspension settings and tyres like the ones the RS comes with which donít give a comfortable ride,when I changed the standard Pirelliís to Bridgestone s21s I had to stiffen up my suspension because the Bridgestones took the bumps in the road so much better.