Author Topic: 2020 765 RS throttle...  (Read 421 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline aaron0288

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 23
  • Bike: 2020 Street Triple RS
  • City / Town: Suffolk
  • Country: 00
2020 765 RS throttle...
on: April 06, 2021, 07:45:19 AM
Hi all

Been a while since Iíve been on here but just purchased a 2020 STRS and am a little intrigued...

I noticed the other day that the throttle tube actually travels backwards a little from its neutral position. Iíve never had this on any bike before. Is this normal? I have the heated grips fitted if thatís of any relevance...

Either way, I donít like it. I have the throttle spacer mod on the way so will be opening up the casing anyway and having a look. Would just be good to know if itís a thing or if itís something I need to look in to.

Offline Will Morgan

  • Street Triple Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 119
  • Bike: 765R
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
  • Country: gb
Re: 2020 765 RS throttle...
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 11:21:19 AM
*Originally Posted by aaron0288 [+]
I noticed the other day that the throttle tube actually travels backwards a little from its neutral position. Iíve never had this on any bike before. Is this normal? I have the heated grips fitted if thatís of any relevance...

On some bikes that extra movement is to cancel cruise control. Maybe Triumph are fitting that type of throttle to all bikes now?

Offline Green_Ninja

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 604
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
  • Country: gb
Re: 2020 765 RS throttle...
Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 11:52:10 AM
*Originally Posted by aaron0288 [+]
Hi all

Been a while since Iíve been on here but just purchased a 2020 STRS and am a little intrigued...

I noticed the other day that the throttle tube actually travels backwards a little from its neutral position. Iíve never had this on any bike before. Is this normal? I have the heated grips fitted if thatís of any relevance...

Either way, I donít like it. I have the throttle spacer mod on the way so will be opening up the casing anyway and having a look. Would just be good to know if itís a thing or if itís something I need to look in to.

it's a fly by wire throttle so does adjust like a cable one. I have the 2017 RS and can't say I've noticed this behaviour

Online Ron1000

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
  • City / Town: West Lothian
  • Country: gb
Re: 2020 765 RS throttle...
Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 11:58:32 AM
Iím really impressed by the triumph RbW throttle. Forgot it was even RbW itís that good.
Ride and Destroy

Street Triple RS, Monster 1100 Evo, VFR800Fi (Donkey), R6 (Track Bike).

Offline aaron0288

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 23
  • Bike: 2020 Street Triple RS
  • City / Town: Suffolk
  • Country: 00
Re: 2020 765 RS throttle...
Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 01:19:24 PM
*Originally Posted by Green_Ninja [+]
it's a fly by wire throttle so does adjust like a cable one. I have the 2017 RS and can't say I've noticed this behaviour

Yeah I know. The spacers are small plastic pieces that slot into place within the throttle housing to get rid of the slight play before the throttle is engaged.

My issue is it actually travels in the opposite direction slightly. It just felt odd while riding it at the weekend, especially under heavy braking. As you can see in this picture, there is an opening of about 5mm behind the throttle when it’s in it’s neutral position. Going to wait for the spacer kit to arrive before I open it up, but intrigued to hear if this is normal for the 2020 model, or if indeed the throttle is not fitted properly.
Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 01:46:24 PM by aaron0288

Offline kam

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 306
  • Success is a journey, not a destination. . .
  • Bike: ST RS/ Tiger 800
  • City / Town: Surrey
  • Country: gb
Re: 2020 765 RS throttle...
Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 02:20:18 PM
I'd imagine a quick call to your local Triumph dealer and they should be able to tell you if that's normal or not.

Offline Tomsy

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Posts: 23
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
  • City / Town: Portsmouth
  • Country: gb
Re: 2020 765 RS throttle...
Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 10:18:27 PM
I had this on my Bobber but like it has been mentioned that had cruise control and was used to cancel it amongst other settings, Iíll check my RS tomorrow when Iím out. Hopefully itís a normal throttle now and you donít have a problem?!

Offline Tomsy

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Posts: 23
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
  • City / Town: Portsmouth
  • Country: gb
Re: 2020 765 RS throttle...
Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 10:12:32 AM
Just to let you know that I check my throttle movement yesterday mate and itís the same, donít think itís anything to worry about  :027: :028:

Offline aaron0288

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 23
  • Bike: 2020 Street Triple RS
  • City / Town: Suffolk
  • Country: 00
Re: 2020 765 RS throttle...
Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 02:48:24 PM
Thank you kind sir  :028:

Good to know, albeit still not a fan.