Author Topic: 2015 Street Triple 675 Rx - SOLD  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Snips

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • @nigelstreet
  • Bike: Street Triple Rx
  • City / Town: Newmarket
2015 Street Triple 675 Rx - SOLD
on: June 17, 2021, 04:51:39 PM
Street Triple 675 Rx, with tasteful mods, FDSH, 12.6K miles, £5,300

I love those bike 'for sale' Ads that start by saying how this is a "very reluctant, heart-breaking, please don't make me sell it" sale of their beloved bike.

This isn't one of those Ads, I want to sell my 2015 Street Triple 675 Rx because I want a Speed Triple 1200 RS, and I wouldn't be advertising it if I didn't  :038:

However, that doesn't mean I don't love this bike.  You can read my history of posts on this forum for a full history of the bike.

As an Rx, the bike is equivalent to a Street Triple R, but with a quickshifter as standard, and a Daytona rear subframe, which gives it a slimmer rear.

I bought it new from Triumph Norfolk in September 2015, and it has been annually serviced there, including annual oil changes, etc, and the expensive major valve check at 12K miles.  It's now done ~12,650 miles.

It's been used, but also cherished.  It lives in a brick garage, I SORN it over winter, and don't bring it out until salt is cleared from the roads.  It's occasionally been ridden in the rain, but gets a regular dousing in ACF-50 for protection.

It currently has Metzeler Sportec M7 RRs on, with about 4K miles on, which have a very healthy amount of tread remaining - my original set lasted 8.5K miles.

The bike has never had any issues at all, and never been dropped or crashed.  If it had, I would have taken it to the dealer for repair, and they can vouch for the bike.

The only problem I've had was the recent front wheel ding from a [presumed] pothole, which I sorted by replacing with a brand new wheel from Triumph. Full background on that is here.

The bike is matt silver.  This was my first matt paint bike, and I was very sceptical about it, but prepared to get it sprayed a gloss colour if it didn't work out.  As it happens, the paint has been a relevation, and I went on to also buy a matt Ducati 959 Corse as a result of this experience.

The bike comes with tasteful mods,
    SC Project Conic exhaust, which is street legal, and comes with a card to say so.
    Triumph upgrade rear sets (they were £300+ alone)
    Triumph LED indicators
    Triumph black anodised reservoirs
    Triumph bar end mirrors
    Triumph tank protector pad (with some wear, as it been doing its job)
    Triumph short levers (which I think work great on this bike)
    Evotech tail tidy
    Evotech shark fin / toe protector
    Evotech radiator guard
    Evotech rear foot peg blanking plates (I've removed rear pillion pegs, but have them to replace)
    MCT tuned suspension (MCT are highly regarded, and have a standard ST3 mod to soften front forks)
    Lithium battery + Optimate charging lead (Lithium battery charger not included)
    Supabrake-2 (a gizmo that flashes the brake light as a safety feature, but can be turned off, or removed)
    Datatag security ID, that can be transferred to new owner

The bike has Kriega tank bag straps in the photo, but these will be removed before sale.

I know people say to return to stock before selling, but I don't intend to do that. I've got the bike exactly how I want it, and it would be a crying shame to return it to stock.

The bike will be supplied with all original parts, except the original lead acid battery. It also comes with an (unused) pillion seat option to switch with the rear seat cowl.

The bike is due its next MOT and minor annual service in September.

I consider it to be in used but very good, if not excellent condition, and if it wasn't, I would have got it sorted.  The worst area is the headers are a discoloured, but that is only cosmetic.

It should be apparent from the above, and reading my posts over the years, that this has been a cherished, and well looked after bike with no expense spared (for example, I refuse to put supermarket fuel in any of my cars or bikes), with no issues.

It has all the documentation you would want to see: manual, service book, receipts, and spare key.  The bike was bought cash, so there is no outstanding finance.

As said at the start, this isn't a reluctant sale, but the bike has been amazing, and I will miss it when you buy it, for the amazingly good, priced to sell, price of £5,300.

I'm based in Newmarket, Suffolk, and work from home, so very available for viewings.  No test rides, sorry.

It's a gem of a bike, don't miss out. PM me if interested.

Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 08:20:26 AM by Snips
** SOLD **
2015 Street Triple Rx.  SC Project Conic 'zorst. 7x5 plate. Supabrake-2.  #HideTheHorn
Triumph: Rear sets, LED indicators, anodised reservoirs, bar end mirrors, short levers.
Evotech: Tail tidy, Shark Fin, Rad Guard. Rear foot peg blanking plates.
MCT tuned suspension. Lithium battery

Offline Snips

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • @nigelstreet
Re: 2015 Street Triple 675 Rx
Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 03:37:57 PM

Here's a bumper gallery of additional photos,

~ 12,650 miles

Shiny!

Triumph bar end mirrors, short levels, black anodised brake & clutch reservoirs, and LED front (and also rear) indicators.

Triumph rear anodised brake reservoir and adjustable rear sets.

More shiny!

SC Project Conic exhaust, sounds great but still legal (with baffles).  Original (and much heavier) original exhaust included.

Evotech tail tidy, Triumph rear indicators.  Stand bobbins.

The Rx model has the Daytona rear subframe, for a slimmer rear that looks great.  I've removed rear pillion pegs, and use Evotech blanking plates, but the original pegs, and rear seat will be included.

Datatagged.

MCT tuned suspension.

Evotech radiator guard, and those headers I mentioned in write up.  There's also a slight nick in the belly pan visible.

The bike makes an impression, and gets lots of admiring comments.

The drive side.  Chain is very well maintained (Triumph technician commented on this during a service) and routinely cleaned.  Note the Evotech shark's fin / toe protector.

Rear sets look great alongside the exhaust and anodised reservoir.  Original rear sets will be included.

Brand new front wheel.

** SOLD **
2015 Street Triple Rx.  SC Project Conic 'zorst. 7x5 plate. Supabrake-2.  #HideTheHorn
Triumph: Rear sets, LED indicators, anodised reservoirs, bar end mirrors, short levers.

Offline doggy

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 10:07:40 PM
A great advert for a great looking bike . GLWS .

Online NickOfNorfolk

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street triple rx
  • City / Town: Norwich
Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 12:59:59 PM
If the buyer somehow does not want all the shiny bits then Iím more than happy to take them off your hands  :028: need my RX looking more bling!

Offline Andy_J

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2011 street triple
  • City / Town: Sleaford
Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 06:50:59 PM
I so wish you were closer to me. I would be tempted to buy this RX.
Been biking since 1980.

Offline Snips

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • @nigelstreet
Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 09:56:31 PM
*Originally Posted by Andy_J [+]
I so wish you were closer to me. I would be tempted to buy this RX.

Hey Andy,

Sleaford's really not that far, and it's worth travelling a bit further for the right bike  :038:

PM me if you want a video call to show you the bike and answer any questions.

Cheers.
** SOLD **

Offline doely

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: '10 STR '82 GPz
Reply #6 on: June 26, 2021, 02:41:16 AM
Thanks to the wonders of digital photography, and the competitive collection prices available via shiply, I would never be worried about distance and a remote deal, sure you have to sound out the seller a little bit, but again this forum helps by presenting genuine sellers- go for it if the bike is right.

Offline Andy_J

• Street Triple Member
Reply #7 on: June 26, 2021, 03:40:27 PM
*Originally Posted by Snips [+]
Hey Andy,

Sleaford's really not that far, and it's worth travelling a bit further for the right bike  :038:

PM me if you want a video call to show you the bike and answer any questions.

Cheers.

I would be willing to travel for the right deal. But I would want a new MOT on it.  :002:
Been biking since 1980.

Offline Snips

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • @nigelstreet
Reply #8 on: June 26, 2021, 05:01:39 PM
*Originally Posted by Andy_J [+]
I would be willing to travel for the right deal. But I would want a new MOT on it.  :002:

The current MOT expires on 11th September, and it can be redone from 12th August to keep that date, otherwise it resets the annual due date and you / I are losing 2.5 months of MOT.

The MOT was done by the dealer last year at the same time it had its annual service and breezed through. The recorded mileage at last MOT was 12,189 miles, so itís done around -400 miles since (SORNed over winter + lockdown).

However, if itís what you need to be comfortable, sure, if you put a deposit down, I can get MOT renewed before collection / delivery.

If you PM me your WhatsApp, I can send you a photo of last MOT certificate.

Cheers.
Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 05:48:40 PM by Snips
** SOLD **

Offline Andy_J

• Street Triple Member
Reply #9 on: June 26, 2021, 06:12:17 PM
Does it come with all the standard parts? IE the standard footpegs, the passenger pegs, the original parts?
Been biking since 1980.