Author Topic: New Member,, Familiar Buke.  (Read 720 times)

Offline big mike

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger
New Member,, Familiar Buke.
on: July 26, 2021, 10:25:11 PM
Unfortunate illness had me looking for a nice lightweight bike to add to my garage ,  initially thought on a Monster but always wanted a Speed Triple but knew that I'd not manage one due to weight I started doing a lot of digging into the Street.
Always thought the best place to buy is from a Forum as you usually get well looked after and sorted bikes, and on this occasion hit it out of the park with Nige ,
I couldn't believe that some people had not gone for the bike due to distance.
Anyhoo there loss is my gain and this lovely Street Triple now resides with me in sunny NE Scotland.
Looking forward to being fit to ride it.

Offline F5 Dave

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 765RS 2022
  • City / Town: Wellington
Re: New Member,, Familiar Buke.
Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 02:19:58 AM
Good on ya mate. I've been trying to convince a mate he should get one for the same reasons.  Best of luck. 

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 08:29:52 AM
Hey big mike!  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!  You've chosen a great forum to join and a great bike to enjoy the journey with us.  Can't fault your logic with the purchase - I had hoped a work colleague would go for it but, unfortunately for him, he's not in a position to do so at the present.  As you say - their loss; your gain!

Speaking of which, here's hoping you regain full fitness and health again VERY soon - the Scottish summer can seem brutally short when you're working hard to get back to fitness and want to enjoy the sunshine an a spanking new (to you) machine.  Still, proper clothing; nice autumn days and lighter traffic will all make up for the wait.

Be safe and stay well.

Regards,

Adie

Offline Snips

• Street Triple Master
  • @nigelstreet
  • Bike: Street Triple Rx
  • City / Town: Newmarket
Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 10:55:24 AM

Hey,

For those who haven't put 2 and 2 together, I'm Nige (the artist formally known as Snips), and Mike is now the lucky owner of [what was] my bike.

Mike put a lot of trust in me, so I'm super happy Mike is chuffed with the bike :002:  (even with his high standards!  :038:)

Congrats Mike, I'm envious of the roads you'll be riding, and hope that one day soon, I'll be reunited with my bike for a ride, and I'll buy my round  :821:

Take care buddy #bromance

** SOLD **
2015 Street Triple Rx.  SC Project Conic 'zorst. 7x5 plate. Supabrake-2.  #HideTheHorn
Triumph: Rear sets, LED indicators, anodised reservoirs, bar end mirrors, short levers.
Evotech: Tail tidy, Shark Fin, Rad Guard. Rear foot peg blanking plates.
MCT tuned suspension. Lithium battery

Online Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 11:29:27 AM
Good result all round I'd say  :001:

Offline big mike

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 05:28:38 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys,
Unfortunately Iíve not been able to ride the bike as yet but hoping that I will be fit enough these next few weeks to have a crack at it.
I absolutely love it so far and canít wait to get a good ride out on it.
Look out for plenty of questions once I get going

Offline Titter

• Street Triple Pro
  • Titter
  • Bike: 675R & Multi 1200
  • City / Town: Kent
Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 06:08:51 PM
Good luck Mike,
I bought a Street Triple a few years ago following a bad off and was looking for something lighter. Itís been perfect for me. I softened the suspension to comfort settings after posting on here and find it much more comfortable to ride.  Had it nearly 6 years now and it always brings a smile to my face
Over the hill. Loves bikes, music & family. Not necessarily in that order

Offline big mike

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 11:29:07 AM
*Originally Posted by Titter [+]
Good luck Mike,
I bought a Street Triple a few years ago following a bad off and was looking for something lighter. Itís been perfect for me. I softened the suspension to comfort settings after posting on here and find it much more comfortable to ride.  Had it nearly 6 years now and it always brings a smile to my face
Haven't been fit enough yet but really looking forward to it,
The nice light weight and lowr seat height from  my tiger are great

Offline F5 Dave

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 765RS 2022
  • City / Town: Wellington
Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 08:14:00 PM
I found going from my 1050 Tiger the performance was very similar due to less weight.   675 Much more fun too, great bike the 1050 was mind.