Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: The ST vs STR thread - Post your questions and information about the topic here  (Read 36506 times)

Offline jase675

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2012 STriple
  • City / Town: Paderborn
Hey guys

Just had a ecu custon build on my 2012, my question is is it a good return from Yoshi slipons and a bmc filter?

102.1PS 67.6Nm at rear wheel

I do have the dyno print out but in pdf so cant post

« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:31:52 PM by jase675 »

Offline jase675

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2012 STriple
  • City / Town: Paderborn
*Originally Posted by jase675 [+]
Hey guys

Just had a ecu custon build on my 2012, my question is is it a good return from Yoshi slipons and a bmc filter?

102.1PS 67.6Nm at rear wheel

I do have the dyno print out but in pdf so cant post
My bad it is attached  :008:

Offline Diablo red Dave

• Bike: 2010 street triple
  • City / Town: Essex
Having read all pages, there's nothing to say what the differences are to create the slightly different riding position, something I'd like to change with my standard 2010 street triple

Offline tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
  • City / Town: Gloucester
I believe the shock is slightly longer on the R. I fitted a shock from a CBR600 and that raised it by the equivalent amount.

Offline Diablo red Dave

I had something like that but could never get any details.

Was never sure if it was the shock or linkage that gave the raised seat height, or the combination of them together. Another mod I've been looking into.

I've also heard the R forks are a fraction shorter, is this true or another internet myth.

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
I can conform that the rear shock on the standard model is 290mm and on the R it is 295mm, which gives it a lift at the back  :028:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline Diablo red Dave

*Originally Posted by Tomspurs [+]
I can conform that the rear shock on the standard model is 290mm and on the R it is 295mm, which gives it a lift at the back  :028:

:028:

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Hi Dave,
What age of Street are you particularly interested in?
I cant speak about the shock length but on 2013 to 2016 Streets there is a 5mm spacer above the shock top mount on the R but not on the none R.
On Fowlers or Worldof triumph it is described as Spacer, Ride Height.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline Diablo red Dave

I've a 2010, round headlight dual high level can model.

But I've only ridden the newer 2014 R as a comparison that definitely has a more aggressive riding position. I know the newer 2013+ have different risers and bars that appear to have less rise but doesn't fit my fork clamps.

Not wanting to fit lots of aftermarket parts but if I can get the feel I'm after from the triumph parts bin I'm happy to play around.

Offline fubar69

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: street triple
  • City / Town: Bordon
Re: New R
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2018, 10:15:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by jcp [+]
So many misconceptions.....
1. The "r" is pricier, not faster
2. Phantom Black is potentially as quick as Jet Black but Gold wheels are flashier but lose a small amount of speed. (slowing down to admire the reflections)
The fastest possible combination would probably be a phantom black with sports wheels rather than show wheels.
3. Graphite, because of the extra aerodynamic drag from the use of primer as a topcoat, looks faster than it is.
4. white is beautiful but too like old police T110s
5. Green is not quite a Kwaka,and a little "last year"
6. Red is nice and bright, speed not yet established.
7. Mustard is not right
8. For orange see graphite.
Bel, I suggest this definitive explanation should be made an FAQ. :028:

I can confirm that red is the fastest, but red with a white stripe is even faster.
Just reading this topic now.
Having bought my street new as standard, it was ample for my riding style for 5 years just using on the road.
Then I decided to tart it up as I wanted black forks, so upgraded to the r suspension, brakes and seat. The biggest difference I noticed was the brakes have so much feel compare do to non r. Theyre is also a lot more power on the radial nissins.
Once the suspension was set up for me to get the most out of, I did find that I wish I spent the extra money when purchasing new on the R,
But then again they dont do it in red.
Fun stuff = Zxr400, Daytona 675, Striple 675, Speed 1050, Striple 675 (bought it back and keeper),
Work mules = Versys 650, Kawasaki er6f, Suzuki gsx1250fa, Kawasaki z1000sx

Recent Posts/Topics