Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Is the alarm worth it  (Read 4226 times)

Offline Spr0cket

• Street Triple Member
Re: Is the alarm worth it
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2011, 10:25:01 PM »
My bike came with 3 keys. 2 regular and one that was just the key profile part without the head that usually has hole for key ring attach. This half key simply inserts into remote fob using one of the various spacers that come with the remotes and pop remote back together. Already had required fixing hole predrilled in key so Triumph must supply it purely for this purpose.

Offline billcbr6

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR & XJ6
  • City / Town: NE England
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2011, 07:10:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by xJay1337 [+]
Yup it's true. Not sure on the process because it came like that from Triumph but one key had the buttons built in so it's doable. I prefer though to keep the fob on a lanyard in my inner pocket with my house keys. Something pure about having a key that's just a key.  :028:

Cheers m8 much appreciated
Life is not a dress rehearsal
2012 Phantom black STRl
Yamaha mt07 2016 in race blue

Offline simoncollins48

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2011, 12:32:19 PM »
Pretty sure that the datatool documentation has instructions on how to fit the fob to the key. It's pretty straightforward.

Having bought my Street R new with the datatool fitted, I have decided that I'll never get one again! Insurance premium was only 17 cheaper and I've had nothing but problems with the alarm. I'm now on my second one and it still goes off at random for absolutely no reason. Have to leave it to set itself so that motion detector is not activated. Could understand phantom alarms if it was a windy day, but my bike goes off throught the night when it's garaged!

Offline SpeedoX

• Street Triple Member
  • Street ST and Suzuki SV 650
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2011, 01:08:48 PM »
I had the Datatool 3 (I think) alarm fitted when ordered the bike and two years later I can confirm that the 300 (or whatever I was charged) is absolutely not worth it. I rarely use it due to fear of draining the battery and it can be a nuisance because -false alarms (draining the battery even more). It is a weak deterrent to thieves anyway (just think of 2 guys with a van with stolen number plates...).

Offline billcbr6

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR & XJ6
  • City / Town: NE England
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2011, 05:31:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by simoncollins48 [+]
Pretty sure that the datatool documentation has instructions on how to fit the fob to the key. It's pretty straightforward.

Thanks simoncollins48 much appreciated
Bill
Life is not a dress rehearsal
2012 Phantom black STRl
Yamaha mt07 2016 in race blue

Offline Steffydog

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 2015 ST'RX
  • City / Town: East London/Essex
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2011, 05:33:45 PM »
I have one, but if I'm honest I wouldn't bother again £279 for a head ache. It doesn't stop proper thieves, and just drives you mad in wind, garage and petrol stations.

£279 on a nice jacket or toward some pipes mmm
Street Triple RX 2015
Daytona 675 2008 Track toy

Recent Posts/Topics