Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Track day on NEW bike  (Read 156 times)

Offline KPthenutsSTR

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awesome
  • Bike: STR
  • City / Town: Kettering
Track day on NEW bike
« on: July 20, 2011, 06:29:30 PM »
Well finally got the opportunity to get the Street on track the other Sunday at Rockingham.
I bought her just before Xmas and despite a lot of rough weather she is run-in now.
The main reason for taking her was to get the suspension set up by someone who knows what they are doing as I haven't a clue. A guy called Colin runs '100% Suspension' is always there with 'No Limits' and really knows his stuff. It cost 45 and you can go back or phone him anytime with any problems. I have uploaded my settings if it helps anyone. I am about 6ft and weigh approx 14st (must cut down on the beer) and the Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro's were recommended set at 32 Front and 30 Rear for the track and were put back to 33 Front and 36 Rear for the road.
I didn't give it too much as I didn't want to see my pride and joy in a mess (or me) but you really struggle when the red mist decends.
I have done quite a few track days, Cadwell and Donnington which are great tracks, on my Fazer 600 and a GSXR 750 which I sold to fund the Street. I have also done the Ron Haslem school on the  CBR600RR at Donnington which was great.
I use Rockingham quite a bit as it is only 8 miles away and I weather watch and book/arrive late so as to get the best chance of a dry day. Also its a bit risky going too far when you ride to the tracks in case anything goes wrong.
Anyway I hope this might be useful to someone and if anyone is going for a track day post it and I will see if I can get there - Steve   

Offline mark_13

• Street Triple Member
Re: Track day on NEW bike
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 10:21:09 PM »
 :460: fella.
I've been reading up on suspension (on here and generally). I've not really got a clue about it and trying to learn. I see the fella is going to be at Brands BSB in August. I'm gonna give him a call and see what transpires.

Thanks

Mark
..........last of the western heroes..........

Offline tw1000

• Street Triple Master
Re: Track day on NEW bike
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 10:38:46 PM »
Colin is a good guy indeed and money well spent

Good to hear you have taken it on the track, Rocky is an ideal track for 600's.  Last time I did it I was on a K7 1000 that I ran in on the track.  2 Gears was enough, wore my left knee slider out in a day

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat