Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What have you done on your Street Triple today?  (Read 679570 times)

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2014, 08:13:54 PM »
You could sell that and call it a Shitehawk as a self-inflating version of the Airhawk!
_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Offline Speedfreak67

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 14STR
  • City / Town: Bedfordshire
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2014, 08:54:39 PM »
Took a ride up to Pure Triumph in Woburn for an open day (well, weekend). Loadsa people there, beer tent, live music, hot food and got 15% off a comfort seat  :002: They have finally got my bellypan in too, although they wouldn't fit it for me today due to the festivities  :003:

Offline Stevie.P

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 13ST Phantom Black
  • City / Town: Plymouth
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2014, 09:12:35 PM »
Well having finally got my bike back from repairs at 5:00pm yesterday after 22 weeks without it I managed a few tasks today.
Lay in 'til 8:30 then set to. From shed at top of garden gathered required tools and parts and dragged down 3 tiers and thru' house (terraced, no external access) to the porch ready to use outside in the front garden bay.
First, set bike up on Monntec stand and then fitted Evotech chain guard (shark fin).
Popped in and hung washing out in back garden and then washed breakfast dishes.
Back out with roll of masking tape and test fit and mark position of Infinite carbon fibre fuel tank pad and pair of Carbon4U medium size fuel tank protectors. Then when happy removed and then used silicon to stick on and plenty of masking tape to secure with the plan being that it would have most of day to become secure before a late afternoon ride.
Into house, dried and stowed dishes and peeled Sunday roast veg ready for cooking later.
Evotech rad guard next on my hit list. That achieved had just enough time to fit headlight protectors.
Quick pre-boil of veg and then into the oven to roast. While waiting for the water to boil and veg pre-cook I brought seat into kitchen and fitted Triboseat passenger cover.
Completed that and wife returned home to take control of lunch.
Fitted front wheel Evotech spindle bobbins followed by rear ones.
Then on to bar end weights. Had ordered a number of replacement parts for damaged ones including the bar weights, but at last minute during payment phone call change order to red Evotech ones. Thought I may have an issue with the left one but it was simply a case of dragging the left grip outwards a couple of mm to a position matching the right one.

Lunch time ... I'm very traditional, Sunday roast come rain or shine.
Quickly helped clear the washing up and back out to the bike.

Fitted the Evotech folding clutch and brake levers first, then decided to move on to swopping the exhaust can out. Off with the monstrously heavy standard can and on with the SC Conic. Couldn't have been simpler if it tried, will now look for something to plug the redundant mounting point threaded hole.
Nearly there, final stretch before ride time calling. Off with the standard tail and back on with the Evotech tail tidy and finally measure up, drill and fit new smaller number plate.
Threw everything back in porch for sorting later and at about 4 went off for short ride to Plymouth Barbican to the famous Cap'n Jaspers a well known outdoor eatery popular with bikers. Had a pleasant hour chatting with a Speed Triple owner and about 5:30 we both decided it was time to go. Quick sightseeing ride around the Hoe and home to clear all my stuff from the porch back up to the shed to keep 'the Boss' happy.  :038:

Still have the Evotech mirror extension brackets to fit and Fractuals handlebar riser spacers. But for me a good day and bike looking and definitely sounding better than before my accident.  :062: :490:
STILL OWN: 79 Triumph T140E Bonneville (from new June 1979),
GONE P/X: 13 Triumph Street Triple (from new Sept 2013)
COMING: 16MY Triumph Tiger 800 XRt (Sept 2015)

We don't stop playing because we grow old.....we grow old because we STOP playing !!

Offline kam

• Street Triple Master
  • Success is a journey, not a destination. . .
  • Bike: GSXR 1000
  • City / Town: Surrey
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2014, 08:09:34 AM »
Rode it to work this morning, will be riding it home this evening and lubing the chain. Then getting my R6 ready for CSS Level 2 tomorrow. Happy days!

Offline turbotimmy

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2014, 09:13:21 AM »
I've added a few bits and pieces on to my '14 Street R recently.
here's a decal I bought on Ebay for $15 for a set of 4?

and here is one of the Pro-Bolt tank bolts I installed. I may have posted this shot before?  :027:

[/URL]

Offline ORINJ

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2010 Street Triple
  • City / Town: Southampton
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2014, 10:17:49 AM »
Looking good turbotimmy!
Like those pro bolts, decal looks great too, if only I had an R!

Offline turbotimmy

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2014, 11:28:46 AM »

*Originally Posted by ORINJ [+]
Looking good turbotimmy!
Like those pro bolts, decal looks great too, if only I had an R!

Thanks mate.

The decal is separate letters. Grab a pair of scissors before you put it on and you're set!

It's a little tricky lining it up, but it does have a curve to it to fit the wheel.

Offline Gruffalo

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple RS
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 02:34:59 PM »
Decided to take the long way home from work and grab a coffee at the Ponderosa.......glad I did because I ended up following a couple of stunners up the Horseshoe!!

Offline Speedfreak67

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 14STR
  • City / Town: Bedfordshire
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 10:41:11 PM »
I ordered a set of those exact decals last week turbotimmy!!  Still waiting for them to arrive though..

Offline ORINJ

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2010 Street Triple
  • City / Town: Southampton
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2014, 10:46:46 AM »
Stared at it longingly whilst I wait to be able to afford my 18k service. Picked it up with 9200 on April 3rd, done a trip to lands end and to Minehead area. Apart from that, all local miles. What a bike!

Recent Posts/Topics