Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What have you done on your Street Triple today?  (Read 469937 times)

Joseph Hanna, Leebo71, kam, Ben_M and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline OuzoStreet

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 463
  • Bike: Street R 2009
  • Country: UK
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #2720 on: February 17, 2017, 09:08:24 AM »
Sounds like you're talking about the wheel speed sensor for the ABS....

Offline SteveoSTR

  • Street Triple Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 108
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: '13 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Surrey
  • Country: England
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #2721 on: February 17, 2017, 09:10:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
Sounds like you're talking about the wheel speed sensor for the ABS....

If can raise the front of the bike off the ground, try taking the pads or of the callipers and rotating the wheel and seeing if the noise is still there...

Ahh, I thought it might have been that, do you have any idea if it has to physically touch the disc carrier though? The sensor itself was also physically scored.

When I was doing the pad change I moved the bike around for that very reason and the noise was still there...I was getting worried that it was maybe a warped disc, but it appears that it was this...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline OuzoStreet

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 463
  • Bike: Street R 2009
  • Country: UK
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #2722 on: February 17, 2017, 09:16:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by SteveoSTR [+]
Ahh, I thought it might have been that, do you have any idea if it has to physically touch the disc carrier though? The sensor itself was also physically scored.

When I was doing the pad change I moved the bike around for that very reason and the noise was still there...I was getting worried that it was maybe a warped disc, but it appears that it was this...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I misread the end of your post. The wheel moving bit is irrelevant now  :002:

Is it a Hall sensor? I'm guessing it doesn't have to touch, but that is a half asleep guess from someone who has just realised they are not well enough to ride to the London Bike show today. Poop. I have an early Street without ABS and I only have the workshop manual for that, but someone will be able to point you to where one for your year is. There'll be info in there on what gap there should be between the sensor and the bit with slots in on the disc (I'm assuming it has one of those).

Offline SteveoSTR

  • Street Triple Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 108
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: '13 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Surrey
  • Country: England
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #2723 on: February 17, 2017, 09:19:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
Sorry, I misread the end of your post. The wheel moving bit is irrelevant now  :002:

Is it a Hall sensor? I'm guessing it doesn't have to touch, but that is a half asleep guess from someone who has just realised they are not well enough to ride to the London Bike show today. Poop. I have an early Street without ABS and I only have the workshop manual for that, but someone will be able to point you to where one for your year is. There'll be info in there on what gap there should be between the sensor and the bit with slots in on the disc (I'm assuming it has one of those).

Haha no worries, thanks for replying. Only used to working on an old mini, so electronics are bit of a mystery to me.

Ahhh I know, I work LITERALLY around the corner from the Excel, but can't get away to it this weekend and I think my work will go mental if i disappear for a few hours this afternoon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline OuzoStreet

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 463
  • Bike: Street R 2009
  • Country: UK
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #2724 on: February 17, 2017, 09:38:04 AM »
Minis? You must have had a nerdgasm the first time you turned on your Street and the tacho needle sweptbround and everything lit up and flashed like a Christmas tree. I had that with my firat R1 - turned it on and off repeatedly and stared in wonder at the flashy, sweep spectacle. Far cry from my firat step through moped.

I'm fairly certain the sensor shouldn't touch. Someone will give you a definitive answer in a bit.

Hmmm, I think you need to pursuade your superiors that an impromptu team building exercise at the Excel Centre this avo is very necessary. Alternatively, throw out all stationary/toner cartridges/(insert vital work supply here) so you can go out to buy some more.

Offline OuzoStreet

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 463
  • Bike: Street R 2009
  • Country: UK
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #2725 on: February 17, 2017, 09:45:21 AM »
According to this thread RE a Tiger 800 the manual says clearance of 0.1mm to 1.5mm. I'm sure your will be similar....
http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-800-800xc-mods-and-workshop/275346-abs-sensor-gap.html

Offline SteveoSTR

  • Street Triple Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 108
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: '13 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Surrey
  • Country: England
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #2726 on: February 17, 2017, 02:01:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
According to this thread RE a Tiger 800 the manual says clearance of 0.1mm to 1.5mm. I'm sure your will be similar....
http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-800-800xc-mods-and-workshop/275346-abs-sensor-gap.html

That seems about right. Just popped into a local dealer to get some bits and checked out a new (old) street triple and could see daylight between the sensor and the carrier so something has obviously happened to the one on my bike. Regardless, I am just ecstatic that bloody chirping has stopped.

Suggested the idea of a team outing the excel....everyone looked at me as if I was mental, so maybe I'll go on my own next year


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline OuzoStreet

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 463
  • Bike: Street R 2009
  • Country: UK
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #2727 on: February 17, 2017, 02:39:54 PM »
I think you forgot to tell them that Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift were facilitating the team building exercise...

I nearly convinced myself I was feeling well enough to go but decided to ride towards Dover instead. I gave up after fifteen miles and came home. So glad I didn't try and do a 100 mile round trip and walk around in leathers all day.

Back on topic, having changed the oil and filter on my ickle R yesterday, I gave it a good clean today. To my amazement the Halfords matt black I put on my Daytona rearsets and baked in in the oven is holding up quite well after a few hundred miles  :002:

Online VBui

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 272
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 2014 Street Triple R
  • Country: England
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #2728 on: February 17, 2017, 08:21:24 PM »
Did the first coolant change on my 2014 R, used genuine Triumph HD4X 7.50 a litre from dealer so didn't bother with a flush. Just did a mega thorough drain and fill, used about 2.3 litres so a pretty thorough drain. I overfilled the expansion tank a little to allow for the air to bleed out naturally and for the excess coolant to be drawn into the engine / rad or simply expelled from the overflow. And if you're wondering I DID bleed the system :008:

Offline OuzoStreet

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 463
  • Bike: Street R 2009
  • Country: UK
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #2729 on: February 17, 2017, 08:46:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by VBui [+]
Did the first coolant change on my 2014 R, used genuine Triumph HD4X 7.50 a litre from dealer so didn't bother with a flush. Just did a mega thorough drain and fill, used about 2.3 litres so a pretty thorough drain. I overfilled the expansion tank a little to allow for the air to bleed out naturally and for the excess coolant to be drawn into the engine / rad or simply expelled from the overflow. And if you're wondering I DID bleed the system :008:

I need to do mine as I don't know when it was last done for sure, though it looks clean enough. My local dealer tried to tell me there is no such thing as official Triumph  coolant and that they use something else, and they're a Triumph only dealer. Guess I'll have to eBay it.

 


Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat