Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What have you done on your Street Triple today?  (Read 535536 times)

Offline aaronlm

• Street Triple Master
  • RS Owner and Destroyer
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
  • City / Town: Salisbury
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #4010 on: July 10, 2018, 10:31:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by andymarks [+]
Binned it at brands . Cold tyres and too much enthusiasm led to a slide a

Luckily I got away with aches and pains and a suspected cracked rib so thats a godsend.

Feel like crap but it was my own fault.

Edit: up to the point I binned it (out lap session 3) I was having a great time. The 675 really is the perfect bike even the r1s couldnt keep up. Had to come through the pits a few tones to get out of traffic as I found overtaking difficult (I was nervous about going into someone). But hell yeah it was fun. When I got the non cosmetic bits fixed Ill be booking my next track day there but Ill learn from my mistake- theee Laos before pushing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no 😱. But at least your ok and got some smiles for your troubles.

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: HOLCOMBE ROGUS
« Reply #4011 on: July 12, 2018, 10:21:01 AM »
Went to Thruxton yesterday with my wife on our ST's for her to do the Women Only "IAM Roadsmart Day".

It's not a "track day" as such, but is all about riding skills to be considered, learned and employed in a safe, closed track environment.  My wife had an absolutely fantastic time with 5 track sessions and a number of 'classroom' briefing/debriefing sessions and she thoroughly enjoyed the whole day.  Maria Costello was in attendance hooning around on a borrowed Beemer and generally being friendly and polite to anyone who wanted to stop, speak and pose with her.  The IAM riders who were there as group leaders, helpers and marshalls were all helpful, friendly and very approachable and all of the girls, ladies, women taking part seemed to be enjoying the shared experience.

Of course, the weather made a HUGE difference and the rides up and back were just wonderful, despite the usual insanity one comes to expect from car - and van - drivers seemingly expecting the world to come to an end if they don't get to the head of the queue at the end of the dual carriageway!

All in all a truly great event - wholeheartedly recommended to any women riders - and an enjoyable day out.

With grateful thanks to the forum member who provided the details of the event!

Regards,

Adie

Offline alan1961

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2010 R
  • City / Town: Witney
« Reply #4012 on: July 12, 2018, 11:10:13 AM »
Found a permanant location on the bike for my Monimoto tracker after keeping it under my seat for a couple of weeks
First impressions are that it works well so money well spent

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #4013 on: July 12, 2018, 12:00:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by alan1961 [+]
Found a permanant location on the bike for my Monimoto tracker after keeping it under my seat for a couple of weeks
First impressions are that it works well so money well spent

Interesting.  I'd never heard of the Monimoto tracker but, on paper at least, it looks fairly clever, really.  Have you actually tested the alert/alarm system, i.e. moved the bike when in alarm mode?  If so, is it as effective - and cost-effective - as the promo material suggests?

No use to me at the pmoment (I'm still using a Lumia with Windowsphone!) but I guess I could set up a system with my wife's phone.

More detailed info., please.  :002:

Regards,

Adie

Offline alan1961

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2010 R
  • City / Town: Witney
« Reply #4014 on: July 12, 2018, 12:51:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
Interesting.  I'd never heard of the Monimoto tracker but, on paper at least, it looks fairly clever, really.  Have you actually tested the alert/alarm system, i.e. moved the bike when in alarm mode?  If so, is it as effective - and cost-effective - as the promo material suggests?

No use to me at the pmoment (I'm still using a Lumia with Windowsphone!) but I guess I could set up a system with my wife's phone.

More detailed info., please.  :002:

Regards,

Adie

First thing I did was get my wife to drive off with it, had been gone 30 secs and it called me. 2 mins later it was texting a GPS position. When she stopped in the next village it told me it was no longer moving and again told me where it was.
I forgot to pick up the 'key' yesterday when I rode to work...had a phone call and a dozon or so GPS locations.
So, it does what it says, the SIM is free at the moment (until they upgrade the app to take payments apparently)
Battery life....who knows?

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #4015 on: July 12, 2018, 01:48:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by alan1961 [+]
First thing I did was get my wife to drive off with it, had been gone 30 secs and it called me. 2 mins later it was texting a GPS position. When she stopped in the next village it told me it was no longer moving and again told me where it was.
I forgot to pick up the 'key' yesterday when I rode to work...had a phone call and a dozon or so GPS locations.
So, it does what it says, the SIM is free at the moment (until they upgrade the app to take payments apparently)
Battery life....who knows?

Alan - that's great.  Many thanks for taking the time to reply with those details.  This sounds like a really viable option for a tracker type system without some of the attendant ongoing fees. 

Thanks.

Regards,

Adie

Offline Beelady

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Steet Triple
  • City / Town: New Romney
« Reply #4016 on: July 19, 2018, 07:59:25 AM »
Yesterday. A few small jobs that would have taken most people minutes but took me several hours, mostly due to searching for the right tools in a shed full of every tool you can think of. Who knew that finding a drill without a pointy bit at the tip was so difficult? And there seemed to be a choice of about seven different electric drills, mostly with flat batteries (and where, exactly, has he hidden all the chargers for them?).
Anyway, my list of jobs included cleaning and re-fitting the belly pan, without cross threading anything. I've been riding round for several days thinking something didn't look right and then it dawned on me that the belly pan was still on the bench, when we removed it last week.

Then I drilled and fitted my new number plate. It needs a nice show plate really, but the standard one will do for now. I've always thought personal plates are a bit silly, until I saw the perfect one for me. I can't tell you what's on it, but it starts with the letters ST.
And finally, the one job that didn't need a tool was setting the clock on the dash to the correct time, which probably sounds simple to most of you but I hate buttons that need pushing. I nearly always mess up and I approached the job cautiously, assuming that the whole bike would instantly blow itself to bits if I touched the wrong thing. I learnt a lot of how not to do it, even with the instructions handy, but I did it. I felt pretty pleased with myself after all that.

I will be taking it out later. I'm hoping the bike has survived my interference and that nothing comes loose or falls off. I shall check carefully, just in case  :002:

Offline lee6r

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple 2008
  • City / Town: Peteboghorror
« Reply #4017 on: July 19, 2018, 08:15:24 AM »
Ive heard that if you change the time on the clock incorrectly it actually activates the automatic self destruct feature 😱

🤣🤣🤣
Do all horses have one horse power? Think about it.........

Offline bucksfizz

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: '09 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Sparkford (nearest)
« Reply #4018 on: July 19, 2018, 12:09:10 PM »
I had some custom made stickers printed for the carbon fibre (CarbonFBR, of course) seat panels:

The bike looked naked without them:

Also, people kept asking what bike it was.

Offline Beelady

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Steet Triple
  • City / Town: New Romney
« Reply #4019 on: July 19, 2018, 01:20:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by lee6r [+]
Ive heard that if you change the time on the clock incorrectly it actually activates the automatic self destruct feature 😱

🤣🤣🤣
Nothing would surprise me. You should have seen the trail of destruction I left behind me when I worked in an NHS laboratory. Men working in estates who had to put it right again used to run and hide when they saw me coming. Me and electrical buttons are just not meant to meet.

Recent Posts/Topics