Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What have you done on your Street Triple today?  (Read 714297 times)

Online Beelady

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Steet Triple
  • City / Town: New Romney
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #4670 on: July 14, 2019, 12:56:47 PM »
Arrived home from the Rabbit Rally, almost as well as was when I left, but somewhat poorer and grubbier. There was no danger of thirst or starvation at this rally.  :002:

Although it was close to home I loaded my complete touring luggage as I have a new, bigger tent this year and wanted to have a trial run before heading off round the country. The bike didn't appear to notice the slight difference in weight and was perfectly behaved, so the bigger tent stays!

Only one other Street was there and it wasn't a forum member, but I pointed him in the right direction.

Lovely weekend, hanging out with friends from all over the country, eating, drinking, music, ride outs, and mostly just sitting about in the sun and talking rubbish. It seemed very strange to get all packed up after breakfast and spend an hour saying goodbye to all my friends before nipping back home again, which took all of fifteen minutes. The next rally's 300 miles away, so might take me a little longer to get home next time :002:

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street R 2009
« Reply #4671 on: July 15, 2019, 07:37:36 PM »
Glad you and fun Bee. Hope you didn't feel too bad today!

Online RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #4672 on: July 16, 2019, 08:00:22 PM »
Explored Dumfries & Galloway. What cracking roads! A714 from Girvan to Newton Stewart to name one. Bend after ( mostly )well surfaced bend, very little traffic.
Passed through the highest village in Scotland, Wanlockhead, going up and over a little pass from the M74 into the Galloway forrest area, B7040 / B797. Southern uplands apparently!
The Striple was perfect for these road! My old Fazer (bless it!) would have tied itself in knots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #4673 on: July 16, 2019, 10:53:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by RedBikeAgain3 [+]
Explored Dumfries & Galloway. What cracking roads! A714 from Girvan to Newton Stewart to name one. Bend after ( mostly )well surfaced bend, very little traffic.
Passed through the highest village in Scotland, Wanlockhead, going up and over a little pass from the M74 into the Galloway forrest area, B7040 / B797. Southern uplands apparently!
The Striple was perfect for these road! My old Fazer (bless it!) would have tied itself in knots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm green with envy. Sounds perfect!

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #4674 on: July 17, 2019, 03:05:42 PM »
Decided to ride down to Capel-le-ferne to the cliff top cafe. I really picked the wrong time of day, LOL. And it's hazy so you can't can'tse e France, but hey, I can think of much worse places to be and worse things to do  :002:.

Online Beelady

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Steet Triple
  • City / Town: New Romney
« Reply #4675 on: July 17, 2019, 08:13:19 PM »
I tried to push it. No chance. Then lots of men tried to push it with me shouting "No! Stop". Then I nearly fell off after failing to bump start it. Then I got my nifty little jump leads out of my tail pack and got a jump start from a Tiger Sport, which is what I wanted to do in the first place. Not so much too many cooks, just too many Triumph owners who all meant well and all wanted to be in charge.
Can't complain though. It was nice to have the offer of help from so many people and I made it home on the bike, instead of on the back of an RAC truck  :002:

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #4676 on: July 17, 2019, 08:16:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Beelady [+]
I tried to push it. No chance. Then lots of men tried to push it with me shouting "No! Stop". Then I nearly fell off after failing to bump start it. Then I got my nifty little jump leads out of my tail pack and got a jump start from a Tiger Sport, which is what I wanted to do in the first place. Not so much too many cooks, just too many Triumph owners who all meant well and all wanted to be in charge.
Can't complain though. It was nice to have the offer of help from so many people and I made it home on the bike, instead of on the back of an RAC truck  :002:

Oh no. Has the stator gone again? The rectifier? Do you want me to come over with my super expensive Lidl mulit-meter and um and arrr like I know what I'm doing?

Great to have help to get you home  :002:

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #4677 on: July 26, 2019, 04:59:56 PM »
Went on an expedition to Mt. Tesco in the Kentalayas this afternoon . They'd run out of cucumbers so I might have to go out all over again. Shame  :001: S'funny how even a short journey can make you smile.

Offline dunf

• Street Triple Pro
  • dunf
  • Bike: 765R
  • City / Town: Fife
« Reply #4678 on: July 26, 2019, 06:03:36 PM »
I went out for a short run on the bike early 5.30am start this morning. Well short was the intention anyway. Just back now 360 miles later!  Trossachs, Tyndrum, Glencoe, Fort William, Oban, Lochgilphead, Loch Lomond, Stirling and home again to Fife. Glorious! Well apart from the fresh laid stone chips after Oban and the sheer volume of traffic round Loch Lomond. Many many insects were mutilated.  :001:

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #4679 on: July 26, 2019, 06:07:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by dunf [+]
I went out for a short run on the bike early 5.30am start this morning. Well short was the intention anyway. Just back now 360 miles later!  Trossachs, Tyndrum, Glencoe, Fort William, Oban, Lochgilphead, Loch Lomond, Stirling and home again to Fife. Glorious! Well apart from the fresh laid stone chips after Oban and the sheer volume of traffic round Loch Lomond. Many many insects were mutilated.  :001:

Wow!

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat