Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What have you done on your Street Triple today?  (Read 723889 times)

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street R 2009
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #4700 on: August 14, 2019, 08:50:14 PM »
Brace yourselves..... I did a tiny bit more on my single seat conversion today. I decided I really need to choose on a baseline for the seat unit, which I want to roughly line up with the top of the upside down triangle at the base of the tank. I have no idea what I'm doing  :001: :001:

The tiny little bit of pencil line in the side on shot is what I'm going to extend backwards towards the rear of the subframe, but I think it means the underside of my seat unit will be higher than I want (I originally wanted to hide the underside of the battery box/ubdertray thingy).

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #4701 on: August 14, 2019, 11:44:16 PM »
Went to Lincolnshire bike night, in the rain. It moves around and this one was a special at the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage centre at East Kirkby. They have a Lancaster that they bring out and taxis on the grass strip. Entry etc was in aid of air ambulance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #4702 on: August 14, 2019, 11:52:28 PM »
Pffft, I'm not jealous at all red...

Did they let you have a little look inside the Lanc? I took my partner to see the Southend Vulcan taxi years ago and she was genuinely over the moon when we were told we could go up in the crew compartmt for a little look (as was I of course!).

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #4703 on: August 15, 2019, 06:09:54 AM »
Brace yourselves..... I did a tiny bit more on my single seat conversion today. I decided I really need to choose on a baseline for the seat unit, which I want to roughly line up with the top of the upside down triangle at the base of the tank. I have no idea what I'm doing  :001: :001:

The tiny little bit of pencil line in the side on shot is what I'm going to extend backwards towards the rear of the subframe, but I think it means the underside of my seat unit will be higher than I want (I originally wanted to hide the underside of the battery box/ubdertray thingy).

I don;t think Beelady will be needing your services  :001: .... good luck with the bench seat  :028:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #4704 on: August 15, 2019, 08:46:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
Pffft, I'm not jealous at all red...

Did they let you have a little look inside the Lanc? I took my partner to see the Southend Vulcan taxi years ago and she was genuinely over the moon when we were told we could go up in the crew compartmt for a little look (as was I of course!).
Couldnt look in the Lanc as it was a taxi evening. Up to ten folks at 350! pp have a meal at the naffi then tour round then load up to push out of the hanger, fire up and taxi about. There was a raffle for a spot on that evenings taxi.
Theyve got a Mosquito now that taxis too.
Up my way at Newark Air museum there is a Vulcan you can go in and the guide we had was an ex flight engineer on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #4705 on: August 15, 2019, 09:10:37 AM »
Ouch that's a lot of money, albeit for a very thorough experience.

I think the Southend Vulcan was a few quid to go inside for a talk. Sssshhh, don't anybody tell them they could charge more money! In truth there's not an awful lot to do inside a Vulcan as they're pretty tiny, but crawling about a Lancaster would be brilliant I'm sure. And the lol on my partner's face as she climbed up the ladder was priceless - awesome childish cheeky from ear to ear  :002:

« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 09:12:27 AM by OuzoStreet »

Offline billy1mate

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 STR
  • City / Town: Weymouth
« Reply #4706 on: August 15, 2019, 10:49:06 PM »
Went for a ride to Bridge Exeter with a mate who collected his new Tiger 1200 XRT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Bellypopper

• Bike: Street Triple 675
  • City / Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #4707 on: August 15, 2019, 11:25:21 PM »
I collected mine  :002: First time ST owner. in fact 1st time triumph owner :028:

Offline figer

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple 675
  • City / Town: near Warsaw
« Reply #4708 on: August 20, 2019, 09:23:36 PM »
Changed mirrors and applied stickers on the rims

Was Romet Ogar 200, MZ 251e, Suzuki SV650N, GSX-R 1000 K8, - now Triumph Street Triple 675 :)

Offline JulesW

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: '14 STR
  • City / Town: Cheshire
« Reply #4709 on: August 20, 2019, 09:27:53 PM »
Today I smashed my PB at Oulton Park on the 675R, it was a good day  :002:

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat