Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What have you done on your Street Triple today?  (Read 692082 times)

Gruffalo, Trumpy2018 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street R 2009
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #4760 on: September 10, 2019, 08:54:32 PM »
Awesome! For the last two years I've wanted to go to the Glemseck 101 sprint race in Germany but haven't made it. I'd love to play on some of the roads around there and in France.

I'm very jealous of my mate - that's his weekend ride when he gets time (he doesn't ride in Switzerland much due to the heavy speeding fines). I'm glad you've go to do it though, and in such perfect conditions  :002:

Offline XCDC

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 18 765 RS
  • City / Town: Leicester
« Reply #4761 on: September 10, 2019, 08:57:34 PM »
He must be north Switzerland somewhere?  I have a mate who lives 10km from Geneva but we never ride there for the same reasons.

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #4762 on: September 10, 2019, 10:03:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by XCDC [+]
He must be north Switzerland somewhere?  I have a mate who lives 10km from Geneva but we never ride there for the same reasons.

Yep, he could pretty much fall into France for lunch if he wanted. He tells me that the fines are proportionate to speed and are means tested. At least one person has simply handed over their Ferrari to the state to sell off because it was less painful than the fine! Eek.

Offline XCDC

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #4763 on: September 11, 2019, 09:11:10 PM »
Add the Route de Cretes to the bucket list too whilst youre at it.  Done 385km today and none of them on anything bigger than a back road.  Its what ST3s are built for!

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #4764 on: September 11, 2019, 09:20:47 PM »
Add the Route de Cretes to the bucket list too whilst youre at it.  Done 385km today and none of them on anything bigger than a back road.  Its what ST3s are built for!

Aha, you're near Colmar. Yep I know where you mean, but only from the point of view of a car unfortunately. Hope you got to visit Monkey mountain, or the eagle sanctuary (La Volerie des Aigles) or the whacking great castle nearby (Haut-Koenigsbourg). All are worth a look, if you want to stop of course! If you head into the Ardennes on the way home there's some nice stuff there too (fairly near Spa).

Offline XCDC

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #4765 on: September 11, 2019, 09:38:13 PM »
Certainly am!  On way back now heading north, in Ardennes tomorrow for a big day then running for the tunnel the day after.

We left Leicester a week ago with the plan of not using a Motorway the whole way there or back.

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #4766 on: September 11, 2019, 09:58:10 PM »
Certainly am!  On way back now heading north, in Ardennes tomorrow for a big day then running for the tunnel the day after.

We left Leicester a week ago with the plan of not using a Motorway the whole way there or back.

Nice! I wish my body would let me do that. So much stuff to look at and try round there. Dunno where you're near, but there's a Cheap hotel just outside Givet near an industrial estate (just inside France). Namur is a good place to stop and is sort of on the way home from Spa dependent upon what route you take (go up to the obvious high point in Namur to look down on the river and eat (it's a citadel with an open parking area at the top). There are also some really cool caves all over the place to stop and look at in that whole area, should you feel like not riding the whole day (there's one near Spa - Les Grottes des Resmouchamps - you walk part way underground and then take a small boat back out where the guide pushes the boat along with a broom handle on the ceiling). Anyway, whatever you do, have fun. I'm sure it will continue to be great!

Online Ace101

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2017 - 765 RS
  • City / Town: Gatwick
« Reply #4767 on: September 12, 2019, 05:03:13 PM »
Quick blap to the shops...

2017 Triumph Street Triple 765 RS - West Sussex

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #4768 on: September 13, 2019, 02:23:39 PM »
I've just ridden to Headcorn Aerodrome..... twice. The first time I managed to get lost going across country, then realised I'd left my phone at home so had no sat nav. I only live about twelve miles away for goodness sake!!  Oops. The second time it dawned on me that the avaiation museum only opens at the weekend. I'm such a Muppet. On the plus side I did just see a two seat Spitfire take off which was nice, and then somebody asked if I'd help pull their biplane over to the refueling area. Somewhere in between drooling and tripping the over my tongue I managed to say yes. I think. I don't do nonchalant very well it would appear.

Also, I have it on good authority that this Lightning is not in flying condition....

Offline doggy

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #4769 on: September 13, 2019, 08:01:26 PM »
Quite often pop into headcorn for a cuppa  :028:

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat