Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What have you done on your Street Triple today?  (Read 704010 times)

Offline billy1mate

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 STR
  • City / Town: Weymouth
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #4830 on: October 08, 2019, 02:44:03 PM »
dentists, great fun......not. PM sent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Gaz

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 13 Street Triple.
  • City / Town: Stoke-on-Trent
« Reply #4831 on: October 14, 2019, 08:21:06 PM »
Took it for a remap, its now making 106.7 hp and 50.6 ft⋅lb.
Don't know what it was making before the power commander as the first run was done with the map the auto tune module had created from when i first fitted it back in july of last year.
The auto tune map was 104.1 hp and 49.1 ft⋅lb but there has been an increase across the entire rev-range.
Havent been able to test it out properly as its been raining heavily.

Online OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street R 2009
« Reply #4832 on: October 14, 2019, 08:29:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gaz [+]
Took it for a remap, its now making 106.7 hp and 50.6 ft⋅lb.
Don't know what it was making before the power commander as the first run was done with the map the auto tune module had created from when i first fitted it back in july of last year.
The auto tune map was 104.1 hp and 49.1 ft⋅lb but there has been an increase across the entire rev-range.
Havent been able to test it out properly as its been raining heavily.

Cool. Have you changed the exhaust or blocked off the SAI/disabled the O2 sensor or anything like that? I think about 100bhp is about right for the roads these days. Enough for some decent acceleration but not enough to accidentally get to 150 mph in a few seconds and then start cursing yourself for getting carried away (or in the case of a track day, panicking, braking very hard very early, then accelerating again, panicking, and nearly running wide down Paddock Hill and glowing red inside your crash hat  :001:)

Offline andymarks

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR 2011
  • City / Town: Ramsgate
« Reply #4833 on: October 14, 2019, 08:41:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
Cool. Have you changed the exhaust or blocked off the SAI/disabled the O2 sensor or anything like that? I think about 100bhp is about right for the roads these days. Enough for some decent acceleration but not enough to accidentally get to 150 mph in a few seconds and then start cursing yourself for getting carried away (or in the case of a track day, panicking, braking very hard very early, then accelerating again, panicking, and nearly running wide down Paddock Hill and glowing red inside your crash hat  :001:)
That sounds like youre talking from experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #4834 on: October 14, 2019, 09:02:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by andymarks [+]
That sounds like youre talking from experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately. I've had some eventful track days. At Snetterton one day some wise old sage came up to me and said "I've never, ever seen anyone brake so hard on a motorcycle" At this point I felt pretty good, but a split second later he followed it up with "or so early". Apparently he nearly ran into the back of me at three figure speeds. Um, I've been in the gravel trap at Paddock Hill at 100mph for no real reason (just got a bit scared on the way down the hill), finally falling off at about 20 mph having so nearly stayed on (the gravel is so much deeper than I expected). I've had a footpeg fall off in the compression at the bottom of Paddock Hill at about a ton and then struggled like fish on a line to control the weight of my leg as I panic braked for Druids. I've hit my knee so hard on the curb on the inside of Paddock Hill (very very wrong line) I broke a knee slider in half. I've run off the track many times due to sudden, general bottom clenching bouts of fear, including not even attempting Coppice at Cadwell on my R1 and making it all the way to the very top of the hill on the infield, whereupon I just stopped and sort of had a look around wondering how on earth to get back to the track (turn right, go down the hill and rejoin at Mansfield, scaring the heck out of the marshalls who aren't expecting a bike to approach them from behind). Bit of a wally, me  :001:

Here's an example from Cadwell. Amazingly I only ever actually fell off twice...

Offline Gaz

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 13 Street Triple.
  • City / Town: Stoke-on-Trent
« Reply #4835 on: October 14, 2019, 09:04:53 PM »

That sound exciting  :008:

I have fitted a k&n air filter, sc project s1 can and decat, o2 sensor is disabled and SAI is blocked off.

Online OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #4836 on: October 14, 2019, 09:09:27 PM »
Cool. Hope it feels good on the road. Hopefully response and torque will be better everywhere. It's something I keep threatening to get mine remapped but after three years I still haven't got around to it!

Online lodge

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: street triple
  • City / Town: cumbria
« Reply #4837 on: October 14, 2019, 09:48:44 PM »
So after purchasing a Tuono in the summer the peachy ST was feeling a little neglected, so over the weekend it was time for some loving, Attempted to install Arrow map without success, need yet another adaptor (OBDlink LX/MX) can only write maps with this adaptor. gave her a good wash, tank and belly pan off, full ACF50 treatment and wax to paint, installed some Triumph tank grips which I had acquired to replace the carbon wrap ones I had on. despite the Tuono I do still love her to bits. :038:

Online OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #4838 on: October 14, 2019, 09:55:53 PM »
What's it like riding the Street after the Tuono?

Online lodge

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: street triple
  • City / Town: cumbria
« Reply #4839 on: October 14, 2019, 10:12:29 PM »
What's it like riding the Street after the Tuono?

Its still a lot of fun riding the street, despite the difference in power its the suspension that stands out, the tuono's suspension is sublime in comparison.

Recent Posts/Topics