Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: R1 in dangerous overtaking on track day  (Read 3533 times)

Offline Steffydog

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 2015 ST'RX
  • City / Town: East London/Essex
R1 in dangerous overtaking on track day
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 07:36:43 PM »
He just got a bend wrong, I doubt it was intentional. That's track days for you

I wouldn't call the overtake dangerous, he went passed nicely. 
Street Triple RX 2015
Daytona 675 2008 Track toy

Offline simondyna

• Street Triple Pro
  • Grumpy old bugger
  • Bike: 2015 Street ABS
  • City / Town: Kingsway, Gloucester
Re: R1 in dangerous overtaking on track day
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 07:51:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by JanM [+]
No, it is not racing. It is a trackday, with rules to help everybody go to their normal work on Monday...

Whilst I agree to an extent, track days/racing will involve some riders who are more capable than others. Those who aren't can put those that are in these type of situations. Ultimately, he went through on the inside. Ok so he ran wide but that's how it goes.

www.simonhorne.co.uk - trip reports

Opinions are like nipples, everybody has one. Some have firm points, others are barely discernible through layers, and some are displayed at every opportunity regardless of whether the audience has stated "I am interested in your nipples" or not. - David Thorne

Offline JanM

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 08 Striple's
  • City / Town: Copenhagen
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 08:05:49 PM »
The video just shows an example of bad, or inexperienced, riding and luckily it didn't hurt anyone. It is a clear risk at the track, that someone will do something in error and you will pay. This is something everyone doing rounds at the track should understand and accept. You risk being hurt and it is not even going to be your fault.

That said, it is a very rewarding experience to go to a track day and play with your bike in a fairly safe environment and I recommend it to everyone.

But I think it is important to note that there is a clear difference between racing and trackdays, we can not have people acting like everything goes and it is OK because it is racing. It is not, it is a trackday and we are all here to have fun, and it is funnier if you are faster than your mate, but not if you put other riders at risk.

And even in racing, not everything goes.

Again, the example just shows a normal incident and the R1 rider would be recommended to take a few sessions with a masterrider/instructor and then allowed to ride free again after showing that he understands how to behave at the track. No biggie...

Offline bark3138

• Street Triple Pro
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 08:24:37 PM »
I had a similar experience years ago, a growing trend at the time was for guys who are at the slow end of the fast group, ride in the inters so they can 'pass' rather than be passed, also happened in the inters as well, riding in the slow group. A decent track day organiser will sus out the wanna be's and club racers doing unofficial practice.
That said, a pillock will always be a pillock, regardless of what bike he's riding or his perspective of his riding ability.

In this case, it was crap riding on the other guys part, as for it being a block pass ...... No chance, just lousy riding
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 08:29:32 PM by bark3138 »

Offline hayden

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 15 STr
  • City / Town: North Birmngham
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 11:40:53 PM »
just another twat with too much power and can`t do corners

I went round the outside of a few on blades and R1`s leading into corams at Snetterton, I was on an old sprint Rs ( no I don`t think I`am Rossi.. :038:) they were so pissed they blasted past me on the next straight as close as they could get...####...( with large patches of unused tyre.....not going to get into the chicken strip argument.. :006:)

Offline JNovaes

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 06:35:01 AM »

Perfect dude!

*Originally Posted by JanM [+]
The video just shows an example of bad, or inexperienced, riding and luckily it didn't hurt anyone. It is a clear risk at the track, that someone will do something in error and you will pay. This is something everyone doing rounds at the track should understand and accept. You risk being hurt and it is not even going to be your fault.

That said, it is a very rewarding experience to go to a track day and play with your bike in a fairly safe environment and I recommend it to everyone.

But I think it is important to note that there is a clear difference between racing and trackdays, we can not have people acting like everything goes and it is OK because it is racing. It is not, it is a trackday and we are all here to have fun, and it is funnier if you are faster than your mate, but not if you put other riders at risk.

And even in racing, not everything goes.

Again, the example just shows a normal incident and the R1 rider would be recommended to take a few sessions with a masterrider/instructor and then allowed to ride free again after showing that he understands how to behave at the track. No biggie...

Offline DJC2611

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 09 st triple, CBR 6
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 11:23:28 AM »
Don't do track days anymore, but I did do them for six years mostly on my nc30, so most of the other riders had bigger bikes.
This scenario is all too common, comes in way too fast,wrong line,still on the brakes and misses the apex.
Track days are meant to be somewhere to safely explore the limits of your bike and your own ability.
This chap clearly exceeded his  :008:
More horsepower doesn't make up for your lack of riding skills !

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat