Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Track days  (Read 4200 times)

Offline Benzilla

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Track days
« on: July 03, 2015, 06:59:07 PM »
How many of you track day your Streets? I'm tempted as the RX would be pretty good on track I'd of thought but just worried about throwing that much money's worth of bike down the road

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Re: Track days
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 07:13:36 PM »
...get the bike fitted with GB or Triumph engine guards before you think of going on any track..IMO of course  :028:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline Speedfreak67

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 14STR
  • City / Town: Bedfordshire
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 07:47:56 PM »
Taking mine on it's first track day this month. Fitted with engine case covers, frame sliders, fork & swingarm protectors.....just some bar end sliders to get now  :008:

Offline Steffydog

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 2015 ST'RX
  • City / Town: East London/Essex
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 10:08:37 PM »
RX will be on track this Tues and Wed at Oulton Park, 200 miles from home, but should be a giggle, go pro ready :)
Street Triple RX 2015
Daytona 675 2008 Track toy

Offline doggy

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 10:08:49 PM »
I've only done two trackdays and both have been fine, no near misses or oh #### moments :002: . Perhaps I wasn't trying hard enough? I never felt on the ragged edge. Mind you the last two sessions nobody came past me either  :007:.  I was a bit worried about taking my MV on the track but at the end of the day there's more grip out there than on the road and it's safer  :002:

Offline PaulFargo

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2013
  • City / Town: Liverpool
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 10:32:19 PM »
If your worried about going on track do what Im doing and get instruction. At the end of July im riding Anglesey with instruction from Jamie Whitham and guest instructors 195 for the day. Seems a bargain to me.

Offline hayden

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 15 STr
  • City / Town: North Birmngham
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 10:40:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by PaulFargo [+]
If your worried about going on track do what Im doing and get instruction. At the end of July im riding Anglesey with instruction from Jamie Whitham and guest instructors 195 for the day. Seems a bargain to me.

jealous of that, that will be good.. :028:

done a few different tracks but never on a street...yet, think it will be ideal on track.

secret of trackdays is to have fun, but don`t put any pressure on yourself to `be quick`, just enjoy it.
oh and always be extra carefull on the last session of the day, that`s when people tend to bin it, a mixture of getting tired and trying to get one last `fast lap` in before they have to go.

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 11:07:13 PM »
Done Snetterton on my FZR, overcooked the chicane before the pits by dropping to 1st when it was raining. A pant filler but kept it up. Took the Fazer thou round the Nrburgring for a whole day which involved some silly speeds on the few straight bits but it's (for me) a big bike to hustle round corners, though I know a few guys who have worn their footpegs down round the ring on Fazers so it's me not the bike. Haven't actually don't any epic trips or track days on the Street yet, which needs to be remedied.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 11:41:18 PM by hotmetal »
_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Offline RichyMant

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street Triple '07
  • City / Town: Wimbledon
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 11:19:48 PM »
I'm planning on doing my first track day on Monday 27th at BrandsHatch.

Just got a 1 piece and now need more protection for the bike. Slowly picking it up cheap on eBay.

Where's good for track day insurance?
Triumph Street Triple '07 Roulette Green

Offline flyn2k

• Street Triple Master
  • Its all relative
  • Bike: 2012 R
  • City / Town: Bucks
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 08:58:28 AM »
I regularly ride at the track, the only time i binned it was at California Suberbike School!
Because The Fonz rides a Triumph
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life"

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat