Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Track day/Riding School  (Read 2480 times)

Offline PAH

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2011 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Crawley/Cardiff
Track day/Riding School
« on: July 16, 2015, 12:15:43 PM »
Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I've not been riding that long but I'm interested in having a go on a track either as a novice or with a school and was looking to see if anyone has any recommendations. Instruction would be preferable as the main reason for the track day is to improve my rising and gain confidence.

I live near gatwick. So would like somewhere within an hours driver, but would be prepared to go further.

Many thanks,

Phil

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Re: Track day/Riding School
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 12:17:52 PM »
Try Brands Hatch for trackdays as it's not too far from you.  :028:

Here's a typical one:  http://www.msvtrackdays.com/bike/calendar/2015/august/24-bh-rbike.aspx
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:20:39 PM by Tomspurs »
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline PAH

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 12:28:08 PM »
 Thanks Tomspurs I had been looking at brand hatch. Has anyone used the MSV track academy? I was thinking about level 1.

Offline tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 12:32:17 PM »
Ron Haslam at Donington - pricey but you don't have to worry about binning it. It's instructor lead and they go as fast as you want - most corners it feels way too fast, but you just have to tell yourself the instructor is on a heavier bike and clearly is going to get round so you just follow. TBF we didn't get passed by anyone else so obviously weren't hanging around. That was the 600s so now I'm trying to get a session on the Blades.

Offline PaulFargo

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2013
  • City / Town: Liverpool
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 12:43:21 PM »
Come to Anglesey with me on the 27th July for Jamie Whithams track training 195 for training on day one, limited trackday on day 2 for 155 or both days for 320. I can only make the 1st day, but seems very good value. He also has guest instructors I believe the earlier courses this year had Ian Huctchinson.

http://www.pdsportsmanagement.co.uk/JW_tracktraining.html

Offline martinjdyer

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Sprint GT + STR
  • City / Town: warwickshire
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 01:21:30 PM »
No limits, Donington, wed Aug 26, novice day, road bikes only

Offline Mikey1

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street triple R
  • City / Town: Blackpool
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 02:39:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by tim.8061 [+]
Ron Haslam at Donington - pricey but you don't have to worry about binning it. It's instructor lead and they go as fast as you want - most corners it feels way too fast, but you just have to tell yourself the instructor is on a heavier bike and clearly is going to get round so you just follow. TBF we didn't get passed by anyone else so obviously weren't hanging around. That was the 600s so now I'm trying to get a session on the Blades.

another vote for Ron Haslam race school, im booked in on the 29th July and like a 5 year old on the run up to christmas with the excitement
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline PAH

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 10:05:18 PM »
Thank you everyone for your recommendations.
I'm looking into them all at the moment. I will let you all know where I end up going

Offline Hants_StripleR_Rider

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Winchester
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 10:14:35 PM »
Yet another vote for the Ron Haslam Race School.  Done about 30 of them now and still can't get enough.   You will love it and learn loads and gain massive confidence.  Watch out though as they are addictive !

Offline Jerry_bcn

• Bike: ST
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 12:45:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by tim.8061 [+]

I have only heard good things about them too, although Donnington might be a bit far from you.

I would suggest try with No limits!

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat