Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: James Whitam track day  (Read 494 times)

Offline Pixie

• Topic Author
  • Bike: TEX & STR RX
  • City / Town: Ipswich
James Whitam track day
« on: August 21, 2015, 10:24:51 AM »
Went to Mallory Park on Wednesday with the RX for a James Whitam track day. Had a brilliant time. I'm not wanting to be a racer but just wanted to push the bike harder than is possible on the road and learn from the instructors. The bike is fantastic on a track. The instruction was also first class. 3 groups (novice, intermediate and advanced) were allocated to Dave Johnson, James Whitam and Ian Hutchinson. What a privilege to spend a day with legends of the sport. I settled into the novice group and by the 2nd session Dave had me hanging off the bike like I had never done before. We had 6 sessions on track with no more than 12 riders on it at a time. Plenty enough as my body ached the next from using muscles I didn't know I had.

A fantastic day that was very well organised and I would highly recommend it. I will definately be going back.

Offline Speedfreak67

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 14STR
  • City / Town: Bedfordshire
Re: James Whitam track day
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 04:56:59 PM »
Nice one  :028:

I went to my first trackday this year for the same reason, just wanted to give it some beans in a safe(ish) environment.  The only thing is I found it to be rather addictive and booked another one as soon as I got home!

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat