Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Headlight bulb replacement  (Read 4700 times)

Offline oz1986

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street Triple RX
  • City / Town: Langho
Re: Headlight bulb replacement
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 01:09:56 PM »
i believe they are h4 yeah, same as the 2013 +models. Both the low and dipped beam are in the same bulb

Offline donl76

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2010 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Marbella
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 09:31:19 PM »
Yes, 2010 headlights are H4.  I changed mine for these and the difference is incredible.
H4 Ring XENON Ultima +120% Headlamp Bulb 60/55W (Pair)
Lights up the whole road, well worth the extra few quids.

Offline robby

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2013 STR
  • City / Town: Yorkshire
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 09:57:31 PM »
Thanks guys - i've just bought some Philips  http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-maintenance-accessories/bulbs/upgrade-headlampbulbs/?48177019F&0&cc5_847^cc5_1053^

Changed a sidelight bulb last week and noticed how yellow the lights were which is why i've changed headlight bulbs and also going to fit leds for the sidelights  :028:

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2019, 06:34:38 PM »
Resurrecting this thread.
Decided that my lights could be better (2015 ST) and had been noticing how yellow the current lights look compared most current vehicles.
Went with Ride Best Buy Philips x-treme Vision +130% (17.99 from Europarts).
Didnt play with phone camera setting so not sure you can see the difference but certainly whiter

Get to try them out properly tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline JonyB

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2011
  • City / Town: Wollongong
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2019, 02:07:25 AM »
I usually don't ride at night, but I've read good reviews on the Phillips bulbs.

From your photos, you've done well.
Ride to add life to your days, not days to your life.

Street Triple R 2011
ZX9R C2 (1999)
HEL || JayBee Biker Bits || STOMPGRIP || MOTUL

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Pro
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2019, 08:33:27 PM »
Had a night time run out yesterday. The new bulbs are deceptive, they are certainly whiter but the light patch does not seem much bigger. However the beam certainly picks out road markings, cats eyes and signs better and further up the road.
Great for dark dual carriageways and main roads, not such a big help on lesser roads.
Still a worthwhile 17.99, just dont expect miracles!

Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2019, 12:51:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by RedBikeAgain3 [+]
Had a night time run out yesterday. The new bulbs are deceptive, they are certainly whiter but the light patch does not seem much bigger. However the beam certainly picks out road markings, cats eyes and signs better and further up the road.
Great for dark dual carriageways and main roads, not such a big help on lesser roads.
Still a worthwhile 17.99, just dont expect miracles!

You can't really expect the 'light patch' to be bigger or a different shape as this is decided by the reflector shape of the headlight and in some cases the glass (not on the Striples as they are clear) and not by the bulb itself. So the bulb can provide a a 'brighter / whiter' light but that is all.  Saying that it can make a good improvement over the standard fit bog standard H4 bulbs.

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Pro
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2019, 08:31:11 AM »
Yep, good point. I wasnt expecting much change in the extent of the light a low beam.
Forgot to say, high beam is excellent and a very good improvement. So little dark roads, when quiet, you can blaze away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2019, 04:00:35 PM »
I know I've said it a lot of times but on the round eyes you can fit Cibie type headlamp units, 30 a pair, and the beam pattern is vastly superior to Triumph's effort.
I know not everyone rides all year all weather all day and night but it does annoy me that manufacturers put so little effort into things like rustproofing, decent headlamps for night riding (home from work in winter) and security. They'd rather give us silly whizzbang screens that connect to your phone so you can take selfies instead of looking for the limit point, when (however desirable the tricksy new features may be) they haven't covered off the basics first... /rant

_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.

_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Recent Posts/Topics