Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Oulton Park Track day this Wednesday 27th...  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Gremlin

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: STR'12, Daytona R'14
  • City / Town: Bolton
Oulton Park Track day this Wednesday 27th...
« on: April 25, 2016, 12:08:10 PM »
Anyone attending this? Gonna' be a cold one, glad I've got tyre warmers (and thermals).
Please say "Hi" if you see me; red, white and black RST leathers and battered old blue GSXR K1 with race fairings.
Brrrrrrr... :112:
Anyone up for rides out round Rivington, Belmont, Blackburn, just give us a shout :-)

Offline stewslash

• Street Triple Master
  • City / Town: liverpool
Re: Oulton Park Track day this Wednesday 27th...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 06:52:53 PM »
How did it go gremlin ? , I love Oulton Park , thinking about booking a trackday next month there , I am just a bit nervous with the extra power I have since I replaced the STR

Offline Gremlin

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 08:48:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by stewslash [+]
How did it go gremlin ? , I love Oulton Park , thinking about booking a trackday next month there , I am just a bit nervous with the extra power I have since I replaced the STR

You'll be fine. My Gixxer has a lot more power than my STR but on the track its no problem. Oultons a great track but very nadgery, there's no time to rest and the bike never seems to be upright. I always come home knackered, partly because of the circuit and partly because the Gixxer needs to man-handled to get round the corners!  :087:

As for the day; It was a bit chilly to start of with and hail stoned once but it soon cleared up. All but two sessions were dry.

Book it, you'll enjoy yourself  :028:
Anyone up for rides out round Rivington, Belmont, Blackburn, just give us a shout :-)

Offline triplesapper

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Ducati Supersport S
  • City / Town: Welshpool
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 10:03:29 AM »
Oulton Park is a brilliant circuit - done it a few times when I had my GSXR 600.  I always felt after taking Shell Oil Corner hairpin that I could have gone in faster due to the banking etc.  Cascades and Druids are brilliant too and the run up Clay Hill is ace  :028:
Bikes I've owned, Yamaha FS1E, Suzuki 250 X7, Honda CBR 600 F, Kawasaki ZX-6R, Suzuki GSXR 600 K6, K7 and K8. STR 14

Offline Gremlin

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 11:52:41 AM »
Got to admit, I'm really sore today! It's the first track day of the year and my muscles aren't used to throwing a sports bike around a tight twisty track  :006:

Offline Gremlin

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 12:11:25 PM »
I've just signed up for another day at Oulton on the 13th of this month. I must be a sucker for punishment haha. Was going to try my hand in the Inter group but it's full so back in the novice for me! Any other takers?

I notice there is a road bike only track day at Oulton coming up soon. Might this be a good one for a few local members to attend on their ST's and put some names to faces?  :028:

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat