Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: SH847 regulator  (Read 13062 times)

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Re: SH847 regulator
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2017, 08:38:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by frank1977 [+]
hi Guys I bought the sh 847 I really need some pictures for the fitting.

Daves your man, but as he's living in a land down under, he's probably at work at the moment. He might answer you in our early hours whilst it snowing outside  :190:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline F5 Dave

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: STR 11
  • City / Town: Wellington
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2017, 08:48:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by F5 Dave [+]
Ahh shiiiz  I gave up taking pictures at the very end, but have a bunch of wrong ones. 

So bend a piece of ally you'll be fine.  It will just take a while. You will have to take the time to pull the swing arm up to check clearance.

You can do it. I trust you .

Take your time.

So page 5 has the start of pics modified std plate.  A bent piece of stainless or thick ally would be as good.  I'd have to take it all off to get pics and you kinda just need to place it there with no plate and position to find the right place.  Then bend the plate to achieve it.
I'm not naturally gifted with sheet metal but I managed.

Offline F5 Dave

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2017, 08:53:14 PM »
Sitting here in shorts and t-shirt. There's some cloud cover which is a relief.  Talk of a shower of rain but it won't happen I bet.  Gardens would like it though.

Just saying.

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2017, 08:07:17 PM »
Amber warning of snow, travel difficulties, and some villages may be cut off.

Just saying!

Have you seen Red's pics on Assbook? Out there in the snow he is! Visitor centre closed due to adverse conditions but not enough to put red off LOL!

----
Panto season again. I'm behind you! *voom* Oh no I'm not!

_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Offline F5 Dave

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2017, 05:56:17 AM »
Well we got rain today.  What an Egyptian might call rain.  For several minutes!!
Not sure if my pm got through.  Seems I might have deleted it.  But give it a go frank.  It's easy to fit with several iterations and a beer or two.   Taking shock out makes it easy to gauge if the sw travel will hit the reg.   

Man I'm knackered.  Did 99km on trail bike. Fortunately it was cooler than last week.  A sections  were a challenge.  Nothing like that 2 stroke Waaap.   GasGas 300. Funcity.

Lamb Biryani craft beers and NZ Sav.  Bliss.  Cats getting heavy.
In my house that is sufficient excuse for not helping get the kids bathed.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:59:55 AM by F5 Dave »

Offline Deep Vee

• Street Triple Pro
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2017, 03:16:30 AM »
I can only answer a couple of your questions, as I fitted a different R/R, however:

1) Unfortunately, yes, you do have to remove the shock in order to remove the R/R. :(

4) You will have to bend the bracket toward the engine. I didn't bend mine as the R/R I fitted needed a new bracket made up, and I had to move it further forward, toward the engine, so that it did not hit the shock.

As Dave said, finding our what you need to do to the bracket is a bit of trial and error, and many test fittings. And maybe a bit of swearing.

Offline F5 Dave

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2017, 07:19:01 AM »
I  tied the rear end up with tie-downs from the ceiling.  I didn't have any tie-ups but I guess it depends on how you view it.  I  have convenient beams and a decent vice but if you don't find a friend who does.

I didn't have to employ the swearing technique for this job but I am well versed and not afraid to throw around a few Crikey Me's if the occasion requires such harsh language.   

Offline frank1977

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: street triple R
  • City / Town: Sassari
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2017, 08:23:25 PM »
@fsdave
I eventually managed to fit the SH847 and then after starting the bike Ihad the bitter surprice
WIth the engine running at idle speed the battery is not charged at all (12.6v dropping fast) but at 2000rpm it seems working charging at 13.7   -  3000rpm goes to about 14v  - at 4000rpm 14.4v.
Please I don't have a clue....Has the stator suddenly failed? Is the SH 847 not working?
Thanks

Offline Deep Vee

• Street Triple Pro
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2017, 02:39:08 AM »
I was going to say that I think it's unlikely that the stator might have failed, but then, thinking about how mine have looked when they've failed, it's a possibility that yours is in the early stages of failing.

From memory, I think mine was (and hopefully still is) charging at about 13.7-13.9v at idle, and then climbed to 14.29v at 4,000rpm, which it sat on, unwaveringly, from 4,000rpm to the rev limiter.

Offline F5 Dave

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2017, 05:44:20 PM »
Yeah that doesn't sound good.  Either the stator can't keep up or you have a drop in the system.
My first guess is a high internal resistance in the battery is dragging everything down.  Or you have a bad connection say the stator to reg connection .

You can turn meter to AC and measure each pole of the stator while it is running. They should be even enough.  There should be a spec for what the nominal voltage should be but it would show up a fault pretty quickly if it were measuring low.  Best of luck.

Recent Posts/Topics