Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Track school feedback  (Read 472 times)

Offline Duckyfuzz

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple
  • City / Town: Northampton
Track school feedback
« on: July 15, 2016, 12:20:09 PM »
Afternoon all

I'm after a bit of feedback if anyone has it. I've just recently passed my test and got a striple.  Birthday coming up in Sept and in fortunate position to get a track day school experience.

I'm wanting to learn cornering more than anything else, throttle control , leaning , speed, positioning etc and generally build my confidence.

Does anyone have any experience of schools and if so how good was it?

Thanks

Offline Gremlin

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR'12, Daytona R'14
  • City / Town: Bolton
Re: Track school feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 12:47:24 PM »
Why not just do a novice trackday first and see if you like riding on track? Cheaper than a school and there are usually instructors on hand to lend advice.  :031:
Anyone up for rides out round Rivington, Belmont, Blackburn, just give us a shout :-)

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
Re: Track school feedback
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 12:57:17 PM »
My experience of straight "track days" rather than schools is that even in the novice group, you get a lot of testosterone, varying abilities and while there are instructors on hand to give a bit of advice and show you the lines, it might not be the best experience for a new rider on a new bike who is looking for more focused, in-depth training that he can transfer to the road. Especially if you get nerfed on a corner by someone trying too hard.  Definitely agree though that some advanced training is a good shout - and 'track-based' might make it more fun than the road-based training, especially for cornering techniques.

For an ongoing training programme that includes all the things the OP lists, I would heartily recommend something like the IAM or RoSPA. Or Rapid maybe,  but I think the first 2 options give you a lot of time for your money. This could also be considered in addition to some track based training if it doesn't scream "birthday present".
_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Recent Posts/Topics