Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Anyone fit the fly screen to the RS?  (Read 1610 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline BoroRob

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1211
  • Gender: Male
Re: Anyone fit the fly screen to the RS?
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 11:21:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by justin79 [+]


Bro, copy and paste!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline TheFrog

  • Street Triple Pro
  • ***
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 107
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 2017 RS
  • City / Town: Lille
  • Country: France (UK expat)
Re: Anyone fit the fly screen to the RS?
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 07:49:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by justin79 [+]
Had my screen fitted by dealer


I wish I had, because I can't work out how to remove the standard painted fly screen from the bike. I can't find any instructions online :027:

I've got the 'how to fit the screen' instructions, but I need the 'how to remove the painted part'. Help anyone? :038:

Offline Bel

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Posts: 9676
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: Carbonised STR
  • Country: Scotland
Re: Anyone fit the fly screen to the RS?
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 11:54:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by sindefectos [+]
I bought it, fitted, and regretted!  :006:
With it, it directs more air to my helmet and you can feel the wind alot more than without. Prolly would be an advantage if you tuck in but otherwise, not worth to get IMO.

what height are you? I was going to make a extended version with that part added, I think I will now look at making it even longer than that to push the air to the top of the helmet like my ST13-16 version.
Owner of CarbonFBR, for a peek at some carbon goodness please visit www.CarbonFBR.com, FB at https://www.facebook.com/motorcyclecarbonfiber or Twitter at https://twitter.com/CarbonFBRdotcom

Offline justin79

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Posts: 20
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: Street Triple RS
  • City / Town: DORSET
  • Country: uk
Re: Anyone fit the fly screen to the RS?
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 02:47:37 PM »
Street Triple 765 RS silver

Offline BoroRob

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1211
  • Gender: Male
Anyone fit the fly screen to the RS?
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2017, 04:15:51 PM »
Bel would it not be better to just make the standard flyscreen taller? So its all one unit if you get me..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline sindefectos

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Posts: 56
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: Street Triple RS
  • City / Town: Singapore
  • Country: Singapore
Re: Anyone fit the fly screen to the RS?
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2017, 03:43:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by TheFrog [+]
I wish I had, because I can't work out how to remove the standard painted fly screen from the bike. I can't find any instructions online :027:

I've got the 'how to fit the screen' instructions, but I need the 'how to remove the painted part'. Help anyone? :038:

Hi TheFrog, here's what you need to do:
1) Remove the two left and right bolts.
2) CAREFULLY wiggle the plastic above the TFT screen out.
3) You'll see another bolt in the middle after removing the plastic, remove it.
4) Slide out the entire painted flyscreen (it's together with the snorkel) forward.
5) There's an electrical connector, unplug it for convenience

The rest you can follow as per triumphinstructions. When fixing back, don't forget to plug back the electrical connector if you removed it!

Offline Bel

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Posts: 9676
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: Carbonised STR
  • Country: Scotland
Re: Anyone fit the fly screen to the RS?
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2017, 08:55:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by BoroRob [+]
Bel would it not be better to just make the standard flyscreen taller? So its all one unit if you get me..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sorry, would have used the extended bit glued in place to keep the look (while cutting all the inside support out) and mod it from there. Look like it need a flip up at the end to move the wind higher. Might still be possible to do this.
Owner of CarbonFBR, for a peek at some carbon goodness please visit www.CarbonFBR.com, FB at https://www.facebook.com/motorcyclecarbonfiber or Twitter at https://twitter.com/CarbonFBRdotcom

Offline TheFrog

  • Street Triple Pro
  • ***
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 107
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 2017 RS
  • City / Town: Lille
  • Country: France (UK expat)
Re: Anyone fit the fly screen to the RS?
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2017, 11:37:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by sindefectos [+]
Hi TheFrog, here's what you need to do:
1) Remove the two left and right bolts.
2) CAREFULLY wiggle the plastic above the TFT screen out.
3) You'll see another bolt in the middle after removing the plastic, remove it.
4) Slide out the entire painted flyscreen (it's together with the snorkel) forward.
5) There's an electrical connector, unplug it for convenience

Ah ha, it was the wiggling in step 2 that I had been missing! Many thanks, piece of cake after that really. I haven't tested the aerodynamics yet, but I'm happy with the looks and it provides a good place to 'hide' the compulsory French insurance sticker.


 


Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat