Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Leaning/Body Position  (Read 3252 times)

Offline DICKIN50N

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: '16 Street Trip ABS.
  • City / Town: Suffolk
Re: Leaning/Body Position
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 09:42:05 PM »
Gaz thanks for the knee down video it makes for interesting watching with foot positioning I think I can see where I've been going wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Hoops_UK

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2015
  • City / Town: Chester
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2017, 08:52:34 AM »
Use the balls of your feet on the pegs, and once you're hanging off push the bike away from you with your arms and/or with your inside leg on faster corners when you're not sticking yr knee out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Hoops_UK

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2015
  • City / Town: Chester
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2017, 08:56:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by karot9100 [+]
Hi there!

So, 2 weeks ago I went to my first track day with my 2014 STR. It was awesome! To bad the weather wasn't all that good.

Anyways, in one corner I hit the floor with the tip of my boot. Only happened twice to me that day. Never touched the ground with my knee sliders yet. So i thought, i'm not hanging off the bike enough i guess. So today i went out to certain places in my area and started practicing a little bit, taking it easy. Focusing on how i'm leaning and stuff, not pushing the speed. And suddenly i hit the top of my boot again! Now i was certain that i was leaning off pretty well! For what i understand atleast.

Now I'm wondering, what am I doing wrong?! I would like to do everything as correct as possible to minimize crashes etc.

The advice I have been given now are that when hanging off try to put 1 butt cheek off the seat and the other one on it, make sure your outside leg is locked on the tank (also while switching from left to right etc) and when leaning off try to bite your inside hand so your upper body/head is in a kind of correct position. Also keep your head level with the road.

Do you guys have examples or pictures on how someone on a Street Triple R is hanging and leaning over? Or some pointers on what to keep in mind?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline PaulFargo

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2013
  • City / Town: Liverpool
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2017, 10:16:01 AM »
Try before dropping into the turn over exaggerate sticking the inside leg out, to the extent that it feels quite uncomfortable,

Offline karot9100

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple R '14
  • City / Town: kortrijk
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2017, 02:19:26 PM »
In the meantime I went for a couple of rides now. I really have to get used to sitting on the bike like that in a corner. Feels really unusual and I dont like to push to far because I dont feel like crashing :P

When you guys lean off like that, where is the bum hole at? :P I feel the edge of the regular seat right between my 2 cheeks. So 1 cheek is still on the seat. Thats the way to do it?

On a side note, I've finally set up the suspension (80 kg + 10kg gear) and i had  to really stiffen up the rear with the preload (35mm sag rear(recommended 30-35 aparently), 37mm sag front (recommended 35-40). After that i set the rebound and compression to the standard/sport settings. I found the front skipping a little on really hard breaking, so I put the rebound 2 click to the soft side. Which has been working well so far. The bike overall seems more planted at higher and lower speeds, a little firm but more precise. This is my first bike so I cant compare to another one yet.

Offline PaulFargo

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2013
  • City / Town: Liverpool
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2017, 02:25:26 PM »
One cheek on the saddle is okay, try not to force your knee to the ground as you will only lift your other foot off the peg

Offline Mart62

• Ex Member
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2017, 03:35:40 PM »
Don't worry about feeling like crashing.
 Relax you won't do it..
Practice more on a paddock stand with out any one looking at you .
Your get muscle memory and be a natural.

Recent Posts/Topics