Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 765 Daytona....what are people's thoughts on IF/WHEN we will see one.  (Read 8535 times)

Offline Thepuma

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: SWADLINCOTE
Re: 765 Daytona....what are people's thoughts on IF/WHEN we will see one.
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2017, 09:23:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Harrycaine [+]
I'd love to see a sport -tourer version.....along the lines off VFR800/Ducati Supersport.....an all rounder sport bike .....this class has almost disapeared but to my mind it's the perfect all round real world sport bike for commuting to touring with the odd track day, a little weather protection is nice to have for all year use  but still want a lightweight fun bike.....in fact I may buy a Supersport next unless something else new comes along from Triumph.

HC

Funnily enough I was in the market for the  Ducati Supersport....always dreamt of owning a Ducati.

I test rode one and if I'm honest, I was totally underwhelmed by it. Round town it was slow off the blocks (unless thrashed)...and it sounded terrible,  like a lumpy Deisel car...all rattly and clattery.  I'd gone from wanting to put a deposit down to totally going off the idea in one 40 minute ride. The price is way OTT..its bizarrely just a few  hundred short of a Panigale. I did test ride a Panigale straight after bit I felt the same about that...but with the completely uncomfortable ride making it poor for commuting.

This led me to reassess what bikes would be on my list for a next bike....this led me to the Street triple....id never contemplated a naked bike bit took a test ride just to see what they were like...well the rest is history. Just 10 minutes onto the ride I just knew it was going to be my next bike.

A few days later and I'd put my order in.

Just 6 more days till I pick her up!!!

Offline aaronlm

• Street Triple Master
  • RS Owner and Destroyer
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
  • City / Town: Salisbury
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2017, 09:26:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Thepuma [+]
Funnily enough I was in the market for the  Ducati Supersport....always dreamt of owning a Ducati.

I test rode one and if I'm honest, I was totally underwhelmed by it. Round town it was slow off the blocks (unless thrashed)...and it sounded terrible,  like a lumpy Deisel car...all rattly and clattery.  I'd gone from wanting to put a deposit down to totally going off the idea in one 40 minute ride. The price is way OTT..its bizarrely just a few  hundred short of a Panigale. I did test ride a Panigale straight after bit I felt the same about that...but with the completely uncomfortable ride making it poor for commuting.

This led me to reassess what bikes would be on my list for a next bike....this led me to the Street triple....id never contemplated a naked bike bit took a test ride just to see what they were like...well the rest is history. Just 10 minutes onto the ride I just knew it was going to be my next bike.

A few days later and I'd put my order in.

Just 6 more days till I pick her up!!!

Couldnt agree more with your assessment of the Supersport. For 12K starting it asked too many questions and frankly was dissapointment when test rode it..

Offline Harrycaine

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street Triple 2015
  • City / Town: Sussex
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2017, 09:39:43 PM »
Interesting, thanks for the comments, must book a test ride........VFR800 then.

HC

Offline noggin

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: MV Brutale 920
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2017, 03:38:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Harrycaine [+]
I'd love to see a sport -tourer version.....along the lines off VFR800/Ducati Supersport.....an all rounder sport bike .....this class has almost disapeared but to my mind it's the perfect all round real world sport bike for commuting to touring with the odd track day, a little weather protection is nice to have for all year use  but still want a lightweight fun bike.....in fact I may buy a Supersport next unless something else new comes along from Triumph.

HC

I wanted a second bike that was fun, light and a tourer so I bought a Turismo Veloce 800 which is fantastic especially with the FM Projects exhaust, I rarely use the Brutale now. Triumph should maybe look at something like the Turismo.

Offline billy1mate

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 STR
  • City / Town: Weymouth
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2017, 09:26:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by Kwacky [+]
Rumours are that the 1050 will get an interim make over shortly, so expect the screen from the 765 to make an appearance as well as some other bits and pieces.  The Speed needs to be updated so there's a decent gap in power between the Street and the Speed. 

The Speed Triple had a facelift in 2016 (lights, plastics, 50+ engine mods) to update it, there may be another update on the way but I think it would be a redesign rather than another facelift and probably not for 3 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Gruffalo

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple RS
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2017, 11:00:51 PM »
With the 765 power plant being used in Moto2 from 2019 I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Daytona release to coincide with it. Maybe with a reworked engine to give figures somewhere between the Street Triple and the full blown Moto 2 variant.

Obviously I know no more than the next man but if I was one of the head honchos at Triumph I'd be looking to take full advantage of the Moto 2 tie-in. At the very least I'd be considering a special edition to mark the occasion......possibly 765 bikes?

Offline tagzy_biker

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2017 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Preston
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2017, 12:02:42 AM »
Buy a ST-RS. There won't be a Daytona 765. The only reason there is a ST 765 is because of Euro 4, the very thing that is killing off 600 sportsbikes. I can't see a 765 Daytona nor a 1050. They'll have to re-stroke a 1050 and make it a rival to the Jap-missiles or there's no point from a business point of view. No one will buy it sadly.

Offline Mart62

• Ex Member
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2017, 07:00:17 AM »
Yamaha don't make a MT 09 super sport's.
Probably for the Euro 4 reason.
They lost power on the new very sexy R6 to get Euro 4 compliance.

Offline Whatatrip64

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2015 street triple
  • City / Town: Belper
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2017, 07:51:42 AM »
Although Ducati's new supersport is selling rather well... low (ish) power wrapped up in a compelling package  :461:
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
The question is, what is the question?

Offline aaronlm

• Street Triple Master
  • RS Owner and Destroyer
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
  • City / Town: Salisbury
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2017, 08:00:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by Whatatrip64 [+]
Although Ducati's new supersport is selling rather well... low (ish) power wrapped up in a compelling package  :461:

I havent seen the sales figures but, When I test rode I was very underwhelmed by the whole thing and it was far too much money for what was being offered.

Recent Posts/Topics