Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 765 - undecided  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Kwacky

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Brum
Re: 765 - undecided
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2017, 02:00:23 PM »
Performance and needs over looks for me for a day to day bike, hence the Versys 650.  She's no oil painting but the Versys is excellent for what I need.

I like the 765.  There are lots of nice little details on it.  It's been well thought out. 

Offline Cookymonster3

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple RS 765
  • City / Town: Peterborough
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2017, 10:37:00 PM »
Hi Op. I ran a 2012 STR until April this year. I also had a ZX6R in the garage (C1H) which has been the best value bike I have ever had for cheap thrills.

IMO there is absolutely no comparison in performance between the STR and the 765RS. The latter feels considerably more refined, has a top end charge the 2012 could only dream of, and the later bike is for the digital age... I absolutely love it.

I was fortunate that I was selling two bikes to end up running one so not a lot of money to change for me. Is the 765RS worth more than twice the price of the STR - no! Is it a better bike? Considerably IMO.

Does it float my boat to look at - no! Not really my fantasy bike but I do like the ice silver Matt finish (odd for someone who likes to polish things) and I do love riding it. It's all you need and is comfortable. All my other bikes have been sports bikes until the STR. I always wanted a Ducati 848 Evo back in the day and bought a two month old bike. It was the business to look at. Hated every minute riding it however! Sold it within three months.

You need to ride one and decide if it works for YOU! Then decide if the outlay justifies it (unless you are minted and it doesn't matter)!

I rode an MT09 too - the STRS is worth every penny over the MT - all day long!
Yeehaaa - Jester's Dead!
I aint fallin for no banana in my tail-pipe!

Evolution of biking - Suzuki GSXR 600 K6, Honda Fireblade RR8, Suzuki GSXR 600 K2, Honda C90 commuter, Kawasaki ZX6R 636 C1H, Ducati 848 Evo, Kawasaki ZX6R R9F, Triumph Street Triple R 2012, Triumph Street Triple 765 RS

Offline COYR

• Bike: RS765,T800,2xT140,SE
  • City / Town: Aberdeen
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 12:18:29 PM »
If you were wanting to buy a nice looking bike you'd buy one of the Classic Retro Triumph's or a Harley  :431: I agree on the colours not much of a choice but that want stop me picking up my one next March - lovely bike that ticks all the boxes

Offline Kwacky

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Brum
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 12:35:18 PM »
I think we're getting some new colours for the 2018 street triples

Offline tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 07:15:57 PM »
Plenty including myself have tried the RS and have been underwhelmed! It's just not the same eager fun filled hooligan as the original at a silly price. And the colours are shite, but each to their own. YMMV

Recent Posts/Topics