Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: S v R v RS  (Read 1138 times)

Offline murp

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: south essex
S v R v RS
« on: October 11, 2017, 04:38:49 PM »

Reasonable comparison between all 765 models in this weeks mcn. Unsurprisingly to me the R is judged the best compromise for road riding...shame all the youtube videos all seem to be the rs
Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Red

• Street Triple God
  • Carpe diem (na Kaapstad en terug)
Re: S v R v RS
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 06:23:46 PM »
I must admit from day 1 I said I prefer the R, and infact thats what I will get, sometime

But I never believe the press, maybe its just a ploy by Triumph to sell a stock of R models they have left as everybody is buying and RS

:305: :305: :305:
"Not just today"
"Vos es meus optimus amicus"
"We can't change the weather, only enjoy the challenges it brings."
"When the road gets rough, who needs tarmac? ;-)  X"
"Team Red Tours are go!"
"O" roads for the adventure
"Being quick is not about going fast,its about being slower less often"

Offline Thepuma

• Street Triple Pro
  • City / Town: SWADLINCOTE
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 06:40:12 PM »
Most will buy the RS as it's a no brainer with what extra kit you get for less than a grand extra.

I'd feel short changed paying 9000 for the R when I can get the top modem for 700 More.

Offline daviemcc

• Street Triple Member
  • City / Town: glasgow
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 06:44:09 PM »
I ordered an rs then took a test ride on the r and preferred the power delivery. I still wanted the rs due to the better brakes, suspension, quickshifter etc.
So I took another back to back test ride of the pair on Sunday and I couldn't see past the r and I'm collecting it tomorrow.
I got them to put a quickshifter and belly pan on.
There is a tangible stronger midrange on the r which imo made it feel more engaging.
You do get a lot of extras on the rs and it was a tough decision as money wasn't the deciding factor.

Offline doggy

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Brutale800Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 07:54:23 PM »
The R is available in better colours also . But pay for a quickshifter and the premium for paint and it's virtually at RS money. :027:

Offline super-cowboyjon

• Street Triple Pro
  • City / Town: Wishaw
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 08:06:38 PM »
I have absolutely no doubt the R is a fantastic bike, but come on... the better gear on the RS renders any argument as to which is the 'better' bike moot.

The fact that it's a bargain over the R considering the cost vs upgrades makes it an even dafter argument.

Offline jonny1978

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple RS
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 08:09:59 PM »
Think this discussion will go on for ever. Think its really depends on what bike you had previously and what suits your needs. For me the RS was a better option cos I ride like a bit of a arse at times  :007: and also the bang for bucks  suited my needs and spec list. But I think what ever model you go for the 765 is a fantastic bike and each model suits everybody in different ways. Thats why i think this discussion will go on.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:12:23 PM by jonny1978 »

Offline Thepuma

• Street Triple Pro
  • City / Town: SWADLINCOTE
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 08:58:53 PM »
To be honest the R by far suited my needs....but I went for the RS...it just seemed criminal to pay 'almost' RS money and the  ride away without Ohlins,quickshifter,showa, belly pan etc etc....for the sake of saving 700.

Offline enakki

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 11:18:05 PM »
today when I rode my RS was thinking about the riding modes on the R vs RS. R lacks the track mode. And I can feel difference between the sport and track in term of fueling. How is the R then? Beacause with the sport mode on the RS it is still not fully unleashed beast. Not sure if it is clear what I mean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online Mart62

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Matt Silver 765 RS
  • City / Town: WITHAM
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 12:45:27 AM »
I recall you get all the power in the modes.
But the traction control interference is bigger as you move from. Track down.
I'm sure I would pine for the RS QS, forks ( rs has comp and rebound on both legs R is one comp other rebound) and Ohlins if I'd not bought it .
So Nealy had a White R
2>4

Recent Posts/Topics