Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Street Triple 675 Headlight Upgrade  (Read 30465 times)

Offline Stewarty

• Street Triple God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: STRX
Street Triple 675 Headlight Upgrade
« on: November 04, 2017, 10:12:39 PM »
As per the title, this is a glimpse into how I fitted the lights from a 2016 Speed Triple R, part number T2701608, which as expected with Triumph, are the very same lights as the new 765 Street Triples...

Ever since Triumph introduced the new Speed Triple R in 2016, I took an instant liking to the new style headlights and would acquire a set as soon as they became available on eBay.

I managed to get myself a clean set of headlights with flyscreen from a seller at a reasonable price which meant the project had started...

Now, it may be that the route that I chose may not be the best route possible.  It could turn out that the Speed Triple headlight bracket (referred to as subframe by Triumph) might be the best option available, but I scoured eBay for one and found that sellers wanted silly prices for one and would reject any offers I made, even though they were only 52 from Triumph... I gave this consideration and ordered the new 765 Street Triple subframe 'T2700853' which is used throughout the 765 range...

On with project facelift
The Street Triple 765 subframe fits the headstock mounting holes and the only issue I encountered was removing the 8mm bolts that hold the original headlight bracket in place as they have been thread-locked and could easily snap...  I got around this issue with an old box spanner that I heated up and held on the bolt head until the thread-lock had released...

The new Street Triple 765 subframe now mounted I could continue with the rest of the project.

Clock facia & flyscreen
As mentioned, I was lucky enough to pick up the flyscreen with my headlight purchase but this did not include the flyscreen facia that finishes around the clocks and the internal of the flyscreen... I thought of purchasing the 765S facia but there is a slight difference with its flyscreen so I purchased the Speed Triple 'facia flyscreen' part number T2303458.

Wiring
When wiring the headlights up, I wanted to be able to return the bike to standard when time comes to sell on, so I purchased a headlight wiring harness from speedy675 on eBay at a cost of 12, so I could cut it up instead of the original harness.

Next would be "how do I operate the DRL's?"  "A switch?"  :027:
I opted for a headlight control module designed to keep the headlights of whilst starting the bike, you then flick high/low beam switch and headlights would come on. Only I wired the DRL's to come on with ignition on and I could switch to DRL's and low beam if I wanted... Special thanks to member 'Belifant' for providing information regarding extra blue/white wire..  :031:

Fitting problems
I came across very minor fitting issues, one being space for the control module and that I had to drill an extra hole in the subframe when fitting my clock, where the legs on the back of the clock touched the subframe. See picture....

The fitted article

Simples  :028:                                              :490:

Offline vayduh

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: STR 2013>
Re: Street Triple 675 Headlight Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 11:13:02 PM »
Notice any difference with the air snorkel?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Stewarty

• Street Triple God
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 11:23:12 PM »
Not yet bud but it is straight through. Should be a slight difference though  :028:

Im not allowed to edit the post now to correct a couple of errors, Ive put of instead of off, proof Im no J. K. Rowling :192: oh well, youll get the message. The control module came from here :

http://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/easy-start-headlight-control-module-power-saving-module-single-h4-headlamps-5524-p.asp

Offline billy1mate

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 STR
  • City / Town: Weymouth
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 07:57:10 AM »
Very nice, I like it. I had the same problem with those 8mm bolts when routing heated grip wiring, one sheared and my LTD wouldn't remove the remaining bolt, I did it myself in the end, only fair as I sheared it off.
I love the motorcycle parts bin share.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Stewarty

• Street Triple God
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 08:59:51 AM »
Yeah them 8mm bolts were a bit of a mare, even the cables are really tight in that area. I had a bit grief getting the cables lined up and the bolts fully home again. Didnt help that it was freezing when I was doing it  :190:

Offline Mart62

• Ex Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 11:23:36 AM »
Nice mod.
Welcome to the land of the"Paul" lol

Offline Stewarty

• Street Triple God
  • Topic Author
Street Triple 675 Headlight Upgrade
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 10:12:40 PM »
Cheers, it was meant to be a winter mod so Ill need to look around for something else lol
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:27:23 PM by Stewarty »

Offline Hayesey68

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 09:17:13 AM »
I didn't think the RX could look any better but fair play to you bud you managed it,it looks mint  :490:

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 10:55:18 PM »
Like it a lot. Stuff like that looks simple but there are always unforeseen challenges to overcome. Looks good.

On another note, have you noticed how many F1 drivers have names linked to Scottish towns?

Stirling Moss

Lewis Hamilton

Eddie Irvine

Ayr Town centre

----
Sixties scooters weren't magic - it was all smoke and mirrors.

_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Offline vayduh

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: STR 2013>
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 11:23:33 PM »
Lmao

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk