Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Street Triple 675 Headlight Upgrade  (Read 15617 times)

Offline greyhound81

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: ST 675 Gold Edition
  • City / Town: London
Re: Street Triple 675 Headlight Upgrade
« Reply #240 on: November 07, 2018, 10:12:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by TexasTriple [+]
Spoke too soon, got my shipping notification the morning after.  I now have all the major parts I will need.

For those who grafted a Speed fascia onto a Street subframe, did you remove the two posts at the top of the subrframe?  These seem to interfere with the fascia sitting flush on the frame, and don't really serve any purpose now.  They did anchor the shade piece for the TFT dash on the RS.

I didnt remove the two posts on mine mate, it was a tight fit, but it should be possible
Watch my Scotland Trip here on youtube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLGUEQClJow

Offline TexasTriple

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Austin
« Reply #241 on: November 08, 2018, 02:36:43 AM »
Got most of the heavy lifting done tonight.  The old assembly is completely off, new subframe is mounted and drilled out for the gauge, gauge and fascia have been test fit as well as the flyscreen.  So far no hiccups, and I had been a little worried about getting those subframe bolts out- those suckers were really in there!  I'll get the headlight wired up to the donor harness, and then it's pretty much a matter of getting it buttoned up.  #5 will be done by this weekend at the latest!

I ended up cannibalizing the two other grommets from the rear gauge cover to mount the gauge to the new fascia.  With an M16 washer underneath, they were just tall enough to fit snugly under those posts.

Pictures to follow soon.

Offline TexasTriple

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #242 on: November 09, 2018, 02:32:50 AM »
Number 5 is done!  Thank you so much for everyone that helped out and answered my questions.  I'll post a full walkthrough once I get a chance this weekend.

Offline billy1mate

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 STR
  • City / Town: Weymouth
« Reply #243 on: November 09, 2018, 07:05:26 AM »
All, not sure if its been mentioned, those headlamp/clock subframe bolts (4 off) are thread locked in and are made of chocolate. Removal is probably best done by backing them off the doing them up or use some oil/WD40/GT40 to help. Shearing a bolt could potentially write the frame off. I sheared one and none of the dealers I called would help, I sorted it but it was nervy.

Offline lcyoungboy

• Bike: Triumph STR/rd350lc
  • City / Town: dublin
« Reply #244 on: November 09, 2018, 08:28:14 AM »
Looking good texas triple..looks mint

I have all the parts to do the conversion and seeing your bike made me get a start as i have a white 1 to

I have the donor bits off an RS..have the new subframe on..just have to drill a hole to let the clocks to sit flush..i followed your steps stewarty and have the fascia secured to the clocks with 3 washers 2 screws/1 circlip. Will get everything trailed fitted soon hopefully..and then onto the electrics.

I have the module to allow for DRL'S so soon I will be number 6

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Offline TexasTriple

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #245 on: November 09, 2018, 01:54:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by billy1mate [+]
All, not sure if its been mentioned, those headlamp/clock subframe bolts (4 off) are thread locked in and are made of chocolate. Removal is probably best done by backing them off the doing them up or use some oil/WD40/GT40 to help. Shearing a bolt could potentially write the frame off. I sheared one and none of the dealers I called would help, I sorted it but it was nervy.

I heated them up with a butane micro torch to weaken the threadlock on them.  They backed out pretty easy, but was still pretty nervewracking.

Offline greyhound81

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #246 on: November 09, 2018, 03:52:37 PM »
I heated them up with a butane micro torch to weaken the threadlock on them.  They backed out pretty easy, but was still pretty nervewracking.

had the same thing happen to me when i was attempting this very mod, had to get someone to weld a nut to the sheared off bolt and then it was ok....ball ache!

Offline greyhound81

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #247 on: November 09, 2018, 03:59:26 PM »
Number 5 is done!  Thank you so much for everyone that helped out and answered my questions.  I'll post a full walkthrough once I get a chance this weekend.

well done, looks spanking good! much nicer than a 765  :305:

Offline Stewarty

• Street Triple God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: STRX
« Reply #248 on: November 09, 2018, 06:23:09 PM »

Well done number 5, looking good

Offline billy1mate

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 STR
  • City / Town: Weymouth
« Reply #249 on: November 09, 2018, 06:36:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by greyhound81 [+]
had the same thing happen to me when i was attempting this very mod, had to get someone to weld a nut to the sheared off bolt and then it was ok....ball ache!
I drilled and easy outed mine, probably the only time its worked without snapping the easy out.

Recent Posts/Topics