Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Nitron  (Read 4474 times)

Offline Harrycaine

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 2015
  • City / Town: Sussex
Re: Nitron
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 10:06:01 PM »
It's now been nearly 5000 miles and about 5 months since i fitted the Nitron shock.

This has transformed the machine, perhaps being a stock ST and 20k  miles when fitted gives more room for improvement than a lower mileage and R machine, but with it fitted I have fallen back in love with the bike.

Never tweaked it from as supplied settings, very well damped, touch firmer and better weight balance (less sag). You really feel the improvement loading up in fast dips (-ve g) , followed by bumpy curves, stays fairly supply but in control.

Money well spent.

HC

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 10:46:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Harrycaine [+]
It's now been nearly 5000 miles and about 5 months since i fitted the Nitron shock.

This has transformed the machine, perhaps being a stock ST and 20k  miles when fitted gives more room for improvement than a lower mileage and R machine, but with it fitted I have fallen back in love with the bike.

Never tweaked it from as supplied settings, very well damped, touch firmer and better weight balance (less sag). You really feel the improvement loading up in fast dips (-ve g) , followed by bumpy curves, stays fairly supply but in control.

Money well spent.

HC
HC - thanks for the update. Music to my ears while I wait the last few days till mine turns up.  Now with the rear so improved how do you find the stock front? (If it is still stock?)
Cheers
David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline Harrycaine

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 2015
  • City / Town: Sussex
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2018, 09:43:53 PM »
I find the front on my standard non R perfectly fine for my road riding and limited talents..... the Nitron has transformed the whole bike  and it's hard to imagine such a step change is possible from the front.

HC

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 09:55:39 PM »
I find the front on my standard non R perfectly fine for my road riding and limited talents..... the Nitron has transformed the whole bike  and it's hard to imagine such a step change is possible from the front.

HC

I did the rear only once and found that was way more significant a change than doing the front......I agree with Harry..... :028:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2018, 09:10:23 PM »
My Nitron shock finally arrived yesterday and I managed to fit it and get a run in this evening.
Woah, now that is more like it. The back and front actually react in a similar way, rather than the back using the first series of bumps to smash my kidneys in.
Not brilliant (yet) but very decent. I'll give it a bit of time then double check the sag and maybe try some clicks softer.

A thing of beauty and only 2.1 kg

Ended up leaving the shock the standard length (mainly because I didn't have an open spanner bigger than 20mm for the lock nut)

Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2018, 09:58:13 PM »
Custom spring paint? I always thought Nitron springs were a light cyan out of the box? Like the gunmetal colour, stealth and goes well with the bike.

_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.
_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2018, 10:46:00 PM »
Could you tell me where you got those right and left hand carbon finish indicators.....they look like old skool hand signal thingys  :028:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2018, 10:52:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by hotmetal [+]
Custom spring paint? I always thought Nitron springs were a light cyan out of the box? Like the gunmetal colour, stealth and goes well with the bike.

_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.
The colour is an option when you are speccing the shock - no extra cost. I think they call it titanium!

Offline WillyLee

• Street Triple Pro
  • Ride just got more fun !!
  • Bike: STR
  • City / Town: ASIA
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2018, 12:48:04 AM »
Nice shock and I'm sure you will ride more confidently. :062:
The rear rack on your bike is use for top box ?
Never a boring ride with STR

Offline F5 Dave

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR 11
  • City / Town: Wellington
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2018, 01:54:47 AM »

HC
On my '11 R  I did the front with stiffer Springs and K Tech valve kits (despite going much softer spring in the rear) .  It was a step change in comfort and road holding.

You only know as good as you've ridden.  You don't have to ride hard to appreciate it. 
Although it helps there for sure.

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat