Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Street Triple mods for the Track  (Read 1275 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline F5 Dave

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 435
  • Bike: STR 11
  • City / Town: Wellington
  • Country: New Zealand
Re: Street Triple mods for the Track
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 09:02:57 PM »
You should strongly consider selling it and buying a Daytona.  Riding position will be far superior for track use. 

Did I really say that??

Offline Dave W

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 23
  • Bike: Street Triple
  • City / Town: Cheshire
  • Country: UK
Re: Street Triple mods for the Track
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2018, 10:08:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by F5 Dave [+]
You should strongly consider selling it and buying a Daytona.  Riding position will be far superior for track use. 

Did I really say that??
I got the Street because I struggle to get on a full blown sports bike. I had my hip replaced and I don't have the full flexibility I used to have.

Offline F5 Dave

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 435
  • Bike: STR 11
  • City / Town: Wellington
  • Country: New Zealand
Re: Street Triple mods for the Track
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2018, 07:04:04 AM »
Hmm, can you cope with tall clipons and adjustable rearsets? Being lower down really does aid to rider confidence on the track and you can get some quite adjustable tall clipons. I'd look to do it but I'd lose the fairing screen which on a roadbike is a step to far for me. 

Offline Dave W

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 23
  • Bike: Street Triple
  • City / Town: Cheshire
  • Country: UK
Re: Street Triple mods for the Track
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 08:57:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by F5 Dave [+]
Hmm, can you cope with tall clipons and adjustable rearsets? Being lower down really does aid to rider confidence on the track and you can get some quite adjustable tall clipons. I'd look to do it but I'd lose the fairing screen which on a roadbike is a step to far for me.
Not sure. But will give the Street a go first  :018:

Offline JulesW

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 381
  • Bike: '14 STR
  • City / Town: Cheshire
  • Country: UK
Re: Street Triple mods for the Track
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 03:33:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dave W [+]
Not sure. But will give the Street a go first  :018:

The STR makes a super little track bike, they handle well and have enough speed and power.

Offline Green_Ninja

  • Street Triple Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 245
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
  • Country: UK
Re: Street Triple mods for the Track
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 10:13:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by JulesW [+]
The STR makes a super little track bike, they handle well and have enough speed and power.

WOT he said, I had a ZX6R track bike for 8 years, doing loads of track days, had to sell it due to divorce, Since done a few track days on an 2008 Speed and then a 2103 STR. The Speed was good if a bit weighty, the 13 STR is brilliant on track and although lacking the top end of a full blown 600 sports bike for me it's as quick round the corners and brain into them and initially quicker out of the corners as well.
Looking forward to getting the RS on track in August at Donington park.

Offline JulesW

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 381
  • Bike: '14 STR
  • City / Town: Cheshire
  • Country: UK
Re: Street Triple mods for the Track
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 05:21:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dave W [+]
Not sure. But will give the Street a go first  :018:

Hi Dave W, just noticed you're in Cheshire and assuming you'll be riding at Oulton Park and/or Anglesey. I also live in Cheshire (south Wirral) and ride a white 2014 STR in black and white Alpinestars. I'll be at Anglesey on the 7th and 8th of August (James Whitham day) and Oulton Park on the 18th of August (MSV).

I'm a short-arse in his 50s who looks a bit over excited most of the time, give me a shout if you're at either of those events.

Offline Dave W

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 23
  • Bike: Street Triple
  • City / Town: Cheshire
  • Country: UK
Re: Street Triple mods for the Track
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 08:34:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by JulesW [+]
Hi Dave W, just noticed you're in Cheshire and assuming you'll be riding at Oulton Park and/or Anglesey. I also live in Cheshire (south Wirral) and ride a white 2014 STR in black and white Alpinestars. I'll be at Anglesey on the 7th and 8th of August (James Whitham day) and Oulton Park on the 18th of August (MSV).

I'm a short-arse in his 50s who looks a bit over excited most of the time, give me a shout if you're at either of those events.

 :028:

 


Recent Posts/Topics