Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Winter Hack  (Read 609 times)

Offline shaun

• Street Triple God
Re: Winter Hack
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 11:50:39 AM »
Honda are bringing out a new cub its a 125 that does 180 mpg price is 2000 according to mcn last week,its probably more than you wanted to spend but no doubt there will a deal on hp,Honda are also fitting free trackers to all there new bikes which should help with insurance and as a deterrent from theft,it looks smart too.old bikes are ok if you can fix them yourself but if you cant it will be a money pit.

Offline jonesw2

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 01:22:14 PM »
Wouldnt want to be spending that on a winter machine. Could pick up an adventure bike for 1500. But begrudge paying that, I want something that will slide across the ice without me worrying!

Saw a plated husky locally but the guy wont budge on 1500 which is a bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Will Morgan

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 765R
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 02:55:38 PM »
Having a good winter hack to commute on is a very bitter pill to swallow!
You have to forget about getting any bike that might be fun to ride and aim purely for reliability, weather protection & economy - and nothing else.
Completely forget being a rider, think like a commuter instead - and what does that job best is as close to 2 wheeled car as you can find.
You workmate's got it right with a 125 scooter!
Like I said........having a good winter hack to commute on is a very bitter pill to swallow!

Recent Posts/Topics