Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: some of todays home made mod's  (Read 690 times)

Offline Beattie mbt

• Topic Author
  • Bike: 2012 Street Triple
some of todays home made mod's
« on: July 11, 2018, 02:31:25 PM »
So today I have finished and made the following mods!
Home made fly screen out of some FOC Perspex and some matt black vinyl

Before

After

Shortened and De-Baffled exhaust end cans

and a radiator grill!

(Can anyone guess what I made this out of ? Hint is it was FOC and stolen from my office )
Please take a look and let me know what you think if you would be so kind  :465: and ill keep you all updated with my home made tail tidy to be finished this week  :002:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 02:39:40 PM by Beattie mbt »

Online vayduh

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: STR 2013>
Re: some of todays home made mod's
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 02:37:53 PM »
Every picture is the rad grill

Online hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 09:02:52 PM »
Hahaha the old "inbox special"! I had an in tray as a rad guard on my Fazer Thou! Recognised it straight away even without your clue. Your screen extender looks good- well done on getting the curve right though, can't have been easy?
 How did you do the end cans? Pic from side might show more?
_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:05:00 PM by hotmetal »
_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Offline tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 08:14:11 AM »
 Screen looks good but the rad guard looks like you ran into some chicken wire  :008:

Offline Beattie mbt

• Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 08:51:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by hotmetal [+]
Hahaha the old "inbox special"! I had an in tray as a rad guard on my Fazer Thou! Recognised it straight away even without your clue. Your screen extender looks good- well done on getting the curve right though, can't have been easy?
 How did you do the end cans? Pic from side might show more?
_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.

Here's some side views of the exhaust

after

Before shows that they are a little shorter than they were originally

Thank you for your kind comments

The curve wasn't too hard as I slid the Perspex in behind the original fly screen and then used a big bucket to draw the curve on and then using double sided tape to fix it as well as having it tucked behind the fly screen

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 08:58:44 AM by Beattie mbt »

Offline Mase_uk

• Street Triple Master
  • Lifes for living - Bikes for riding
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2015
  • City / Town: Chelmsford, Essex
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 12:52:29 PM »
Any chance you can show me how the fly screen sits on the bike? how did you bend it without cracking the perspex?

I did make one like this but kept having the black perspex crack on me. Also has issues getting it to sit right on the bike.. wasn't sure to wedge it between the actual fly screen or have it just sitting there with some velcro

Offline Beattie mbt

• Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 09:22:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mase_uk [+]
Any chance you can show me how the fly screen sits on the bike? how did you bend it without cracking the perspex?

I did make one like this but kept having the black perspex crack on me. Also has issues getting it to sit right on the bike.. wasn't sure to wedge it between the actual fly screen or have it just sitting there with some velcro

I used 3mm clear flexi glass Perspex that I tucked behind the fly screen between the clocks and slid it down about 30mm to the fixing brackets then left the bike in the sun to warm the Perspex up before pushing the centre up until the sides came into contact with the double sided tape and then using a sponge and a piece of wood I wedged it in that position for about half hour in the sun to help the Perspex gain a new memory after about 30min I cooled it with cold water to set the plastic in its new position.
seemed to work well first time.

Offline Mase_uk

• Street Triple Master
  • Lifes for living - Bikes for riding
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2015
  • City / Town: Chelmsford, Essex
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 01:58:20 PM »
Oh nice.. you managed that with a 3mm perspex! must of been a hot day.. or the 3mm ive been buying is made from different material... as i was struggling with boiling water and a proper heat gun to get it to bend. I did do it in the end but it ended up cracking at high speed due to wind resistance.

Recent Posts/Topics