Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Street Triple Forum Members  (Read 559 times)

Offline Beelady

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Steet Triple
  • City / Town: New Romney
Street Triple Forum Members
« on: July 11, 2018, 10:10:48 PM »
After waiting with a dead bike for seven and a half hours to be recovered I was left standing in my shed with a workshop manual wondering where on earth to begin. I knew it was electrical and that was confirmed by the RAC man who couldn't fix it, but my purse is by no means a bottomless pit and I really needed to know exactly what the problem was so I could make a guess at the cost and see if I could even afford to have it repaired.
I sent one message to a forum member who lives a few miles away and has been very kind and supportive since I lost my husband a few months ago. We had met before, but only long enough to say a quick hello, so we really hardly know each other, but he was there, the very next morning, despite not feeling too good and without his help I would no doubt still be standing there. By the time he left I knew exactly what was wrong and was able to decide what to do next. The bike is now with Tagg Racing, awaiting a new stator, which should arrive tomorrow, so it won't be long before it's running again and I will be a happy bunny.

So OuzoStreet, the very biggest thank you for your help. I will never forget how kind and patient you have been and at a time when I really needed someone who knew what they were doing. I doubt I can ever return the favour, but if I can I surely will.

What a great forum this is. People have been so good to me while things have been difficult and this was a shining example of a forum member willing to help someone in trouble. I know there are a lot of good people on here with lots of skill and knowledge. I am very grateful that one message was all it took for one to arrive on my doorstep  :037:

Offline David Sp Kent

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2014 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Sittingbourne
Re: Street Triple Forum Members
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 10:14:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Beelady [+]
After waiting with a dead bike for seven and a half hours to be recovered I was left standing in my shed with a workshop manual wondering where on earth to begin. I knew it was electrical and that was confirmed by the RAC man who couldn't fix it, but my purse is by no means a bottomless pit and I really needed to know exactly what the problem was so I could make a guess at the cost and see if I could even afford to have it repaired.
I sent one message to a forum member who lives a few miles away and has been very kind and supportive since I lost my husband a few months ago. We had met before, but only long enough to say a quick hello, so we really hardly know each other, but he was there, the very next morning, despite not feeling too good and without his help I would no doubt still be standing there. By the time he left I knew exactly what was wrong and was able to decide what to do next. The bike is now with Tagg Racing, awaiting a new stator, which should arrive tomorrow, so it won't be long before it's running again and I will be a happy bunny.

So OuzoStreet, the very biggest thank you for your help. I will never forget how kind and patient you have been and at a time when I really needed someone who knew what they were doing. I doubt I can ever return the favour, but if I can I surely will.

What a great forum this is. People have been so good to me while things have been difficult and this was a shining example of a forum member willing to help someone in trouble. I know there are a lot of good people on here with lots of skill and knowledge. I am very grateful that one message was all it took for one to arrive on my doorstep  :037:
Good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline andymarks

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR 2011
  • City / Town: Ramsgate
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 11:12:46 PM »
Always reaffirms my belief that people are generally good.

Glad youre getting it sorted. Must meet up in rye one Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 11:40:50 PM »
Sorry to hear of your predicament BL, but well done Ouzo for stepping up. Top man! Sign of a good forum too, it has to be said. Glad the repairs are under way.

_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.

_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Online vayduh

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: STR 2013>
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 11:50:47 PM »
Yep - bad luck Beelady and great stuff Ouzo. Glad you could help.

As others have said sign of a good forum - I know everyone I've met irl has been awesome and extremely helpful as well.

Offline Stewarty

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: STRX
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 12:40:11 AM »
Well done Ouzo, top man  :031:

Hope your circumstances change for the better Mrs B :028:

Offline Stevie

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street triple r
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 08:43:58 AM »
Seven and a half hours waiting to be recovered by the RAC, that's not very good.  Well done Ouzo for helping out , it's a great forum , pleased your on the way to getting back on the road. Onward and upward best wishes.

Offline Bel

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Carbonised STR
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 06:49:22 PM »
Awesome! Good man  :031:
Owner of CarbonFBR, for a peek at some carbon goodness please visit www.CarbonFBR.com, FB at https://www.facebook.com/motorcyclecarbonfiber or Twitter at https://twitter.com/CarbonFBRdotcom

Offline aaronlm

• Street Triple Master
  • RS Owner and Destroyer
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
  • City / Town: Salisbury
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 09:03:06 PM »
Faith in Humanity restored by Bikers! Legend!  🍻

Recent Posts/Topics