Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: bonamici rearsets for st3 765r  (Read 1122 times)

Offline creativeMG

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: street triple 765r
  • City / Town: guildford
bonamici rearsets for st3 765r
« on: July 20, 2018, 06:23:15 PM »
has anyone fitted bonamici rearsets on the street triple 765r.
i currently have my bike in with a triumph dealer and they say they cannot fit them. problem 1 is the i need a different end (male/female) for the quickshifter as it goes from horizontal to vertical position when fitted.
the other problem is they tell me they cannot fit the brake side as the hole for the spring for the brake goes in the wrong direction.

now. i contacted the supplier here in the uk (who has been very helpful) and they tell me they have sold loads of them with no problems. he understood that i may need a different male/female connector for the quickshifter so that seem fairly common.

i have 2 different types of pressure switches as i wasnt sure which one was needed (brembo or not)  yet the dealer fitting the rearsets say the pressure switch wasnt needed  :006: but the supplier says you do as this is needed to make the rear brake light work.
i collect the bike soon and the rearsets wont be fitted so im a bit lost as in what to do here. i have a feeling the shop isnt sure about how to fit them which is surprising as they are a triumph dealer.
also im not genius when fitting stuff like this or bleeding brakes etc.

but if anyone has an idea as to what needs to be done and who is right i would appreciate it.

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Re: bonamici rearsets for st3 765r
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 07:27:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by creativeMG [+]
has anyone fitted bonamici rearsets on the street triple 765r.
i currently have my bike in with a triumph dealer and they say they cannot fit them. problem 1 is the i need a different end (male/female) for the quickshifter as it goes from horizontal to vertical position when fitted.
the other problem is they tell me they cannot fit the brake side as the hole for the spring for the brake goes in the wrong direction.

now. i contacted the supplier here in the uk (who has been very helpful) and they tell me they have sold loads of them with no problems. he understood that i may need a different male/female connector for the quickshifter so that seem fairly common.

i have 2 different types of pressure switches as i wasnt sure which one was needed (brembo or not)  yet the dealer fitting the rearsets say the pressure switch wasnt needed  :006: but the supplier says you do as this is needed to make the rear brake light work.
i collect the bike soon and the rearsets wont be fitted so im a bit lost as in what to do here. i have a feeling the shop isnt sure about how to fit them which is surprising as they are a triumph dealer.
also im not genius when fitting stuff like this or bleeding brakes etc.

but if anyone has an idea as to what needs to be done and who is right i would appreciate it.

I'm afraid I can't help with the specifics of the enquiry but, as a general priniciple, wouldn't it be far better to try to get the dealer to talk to Bonamici - or vice versa - rather than risk the "send three and four pence ...." scenario?

I assume you've supplied the rear sets to the dealer?  If not, and the dealer is providing the item as well as fitting them, then they are honour bound to do the due diligence research and technical enquiries.   Even if they aren't providing the parts, it shouldn't be too difficult for the dealer to recognise that it's in their best interests to know how this stuff works as you, almost certainly, won't be the only customer they ever have either wanting them fitted or already having them fitted to a bike they'll end up working on.  I'd guess their likely comeback on that might be a suggestion to buy the OEM Triumph equivalent - if such exists for the 765 - but that's hardly a reason not to at least meet you half way by speaking to the parts manufacturer/supplier.

A bit of bilateral diplomacy is in order.  (Brexit anyone?  :008:)

Good luck - I hope you get it sorted. Soon.

Regards,

Adie

Offline creativeMG

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 07:32:33 PM »
cheers adie.
i supplied the rearsets for the dealer to put on the bike. i have a feeling they arent sure how to fit them as they said they dont need to use the pressure switch when most of the videos i see on youtube (and after speaking to the supplier) say you do need them if going to ride on the road.

knowing my luck i'll sell them on at a loss and someone else will have no trouble fitting them :003:

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 09:24:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by creativeMG [+]
cheers adie.
i supplied the rearsets for the dealer to put on the bike. i have a feeling they arent sure how to fit them as they said they dont need to use the pressure switch when most of the videos i see on youtube (and after speaking to the supplier) say you do need them if going to ride on the road.

knowing my luck i'll sell them on at a loss and someone else will have no trouble fitting them :003:

Hang in there, mate, and don't get on too much of a downer just yet. 

I'm sure you've already done this but, just in case, check that you have definitely been supplied the correct parts for your year/model/variant bike; confirm with the parts supplier that there is no chance of the packaging being mis-labelled and that they have definitely supplied the right parts, and ask the parts supplier if he'd mind having a brief conversation with the technician on your behalf to see if the alleged problems/issues/discrepancies can be resolved to the satisfaction of all.  Let the dealer/workshop manager know - as subtly as you can - that you're asking questions about the issue and seeking advice and support on this forum and tell them that their dealership hasn't been named yet (but we all know where you live  :007:!)   Explain that you really do want to maintain a good relationship with them .... as well as having a set of perfectly serviceable and suitable parts fitted safely and professionally and in accordance with the supplier's instructions and that's why you're paying main dealereship technicians rates rather than a backstreet custom shop - no offence intended to any back street custom shop.

I know diddlysquat about Bonamici but, if they are a good, reputable make and have CE approval, then the parts should fit according to any supplied instructions and, if you've been assured that these parts are regularly fitted satisfactorily and in accordance with the manufacturer's/suppliers instructions, then the dealer should have technicians (they're not mechanics any more) capable of fitting them.  All we've got to do is determine where the problem REALLY lies and come up with a plan to circumvent it.  Simples. 

So, stay calm, polite and positive - for now - but be prepared to stand your ground and get some action out of one or other - or both - of the parties involved.

Best of luck.

Regards,

Adie

Offline Gilly76

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: R1, STRS, S1000XR
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 11:07:33 AM »
I managed to fit mine, yes they are a bit of a ballache, but if i can do it, then professionals should certainly be able to! I assume that you had them new? Everything i needed was in the shrink wrapped packaging, including the new push rod that is installed vertically.

Can't help with the break light switch though, as I don't use mine on the road, so I've just disconnected electrical connections.

Offline creativeMG

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 06:46:29 PM »
yes everything was new.
i have got to the bottom of some of the issues when i returned to collect the bike. apparently the young mechanic who was working on the bike said the pressure switches were not needed. after speaking to someone a bit more senior he agreed with me that the pressure switch was needed to return the rear brake lever and then connect up to the rear brake light switch.
as for the other side i needed a 6mm female lefthand rose joint for the quickshifter to fit vertically.
so it will be getting booked back in to hopefully get it all done. also im getting a brembo rcs master cylinder so hopefully it will get done together with no more issues.

:028:

Offline creativeMG

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 01:56:21 PM »
ok bit of an update on these rear sets.
today went back to dealer and they went on the bike. hooray. but not completely  :003:

now the rear brake light stays on and goes off when the rear brake level is depressed. so they have had to bridge the connections so the rear brake works but light switch doesnt.
they say i need a pressure switch that works in the opposite direction so ive been in contact with the supplier ( they couldnt help ) and ive fired emails over to bonamici to see what they say.

Offline creativeMG

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 07:08:07 PM »
these are now on ebay as we have moved to sato racing equipment

Offline Child3k

• Bike: Street Triple 765 R
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 03:17:01 PM »
Those look really good :)
I find the QS-aparatus quite funny: https://satoracing.com/pics/T-765RSQ_fitL1.jpg
 :087:

Offline James13

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 765rs
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 05:27:58 PM »
The bonamici,s are really good ,mine fit perfectly with everything working as it should  ,I have them on the second tier up on the front which is higher and back from stock ,perfect for me for track,just about ok for the road

Recent Posts/Topics