Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Is the street triple fast?  (Read 2006 times)

Offline JonnyGal675R

• Street Triple Pro
  • Three is the magic number!
  • Bike: 2010 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Sherburn in Elmet
Re: Is the street triple fast?
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2018, 10:34:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Red [+]
It's as quick or quicker than most, but not as fast as some.
I like it an very accurate!

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Shopping list
 - Seat cowl
 - Tank protectors
 - Tail tidy
 - Rear hugger

Offline WillyLee

• Street Triple Member
  • Ride just got more fun !!
  • Bike: STR
  • City / Town: ASIA
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2018, 03:50:24 AM »
Twisty roads - Definitely can keep up or even surpass bigger bikes depending on your experience.
Open highway - You're asking for it as its a naked bike and you're already losing out in aerodynamics let alone top speed which usually struggle once you reached 200km/hr

Fun factor is 100% if its everyday commuting on street as what's its built for  :028:
Never a boring ride with STR

Offline Geoff675

• Bike: 675R ABS 2015
  • City / Town: Whitley Bay
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2018, 02:40:01 PM »
I have a 657R. Did a trip to Pyrenees kept up with my mates Fireblade on the twisties no problem. Lost out on the longer straights obviously.

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2018, 03:58:28 PM »
Part of why it might not feel as fast is because of the very linear and predictable way in which it makes power right from early on, especially compared to a 599cc race rep which will be all top end rush. Maybe it's that last dash to the red line you're missing?

Actually it'll probably be quicker on account of probably having more torque, and being able to be applied to the rear wheel without the level of commitment it takes to wind up a straight 4 into its sweet spot.

Unscientific anecdotal evidence for you: I have a mate who rides an FZR600R, who is naturally a quicker rider than I am. He gave me a lift to the dealers when I bought mine. He said he'd follow me back. I just grabbed a handful and disappeared into the distance until his bike rubber-banded past me after I'd got to the speed I was comfortable with. The Street is plenty quick, although at the top end of its range the aerodynamics will make a difference. I'm not sure what conclusion you want to draw from that.

_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 04:00:03 PM by hotmetal »
_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2018, 06:23:35 PM »
Hotmetal...your mates always end up in front of you.....not because your a slow rider, not because they are faster riders, not because they have faster bikes, its simply because you like following people  :005: 
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »
Hahaha yeah you know it Tom!
You are actually right as well. I'm so bad at navigating that it always works out best if I follow! It's not that I'm actually stalking you you know...
_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 06:35:40 PM by hotmetal »
_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Offline shaun

• Street Triple God
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 08:48:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by simTriple [+]
I'm just talking about straight line speed. I didn't say anything about cornering or rider abilities.

Like I said, I'm talking about the bike regardless of the rider. Not sure why that's so hard to grasp?

I'm just wondering if there is much difference speed/acceleration wise between the street and other 600cc sports bikes. Genuine question as it doesn't feel particularly quick to me. I don't want to trade up yet as i think the street is easy to ride and good to learn on, but doesn't change the fact that it lacks a bit of grunt. I think people are getting a bit too defensive.

Ive had a Daytona 14 plate & a 09 str,in answer to your question about speed,yes the Daytona is quicker than the str, 90 mph in second from the Daytona but standard the Daytona in very uncomfortable,rock hard suspension & I wouldnt have another,ive an RS now which I am very happy with it, sounds to me like you are riding the wrong roads if you feel your bike not quick enough,keep off straight roads stick to twisties.

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street R 2009
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2018, 08:32:31 PM »
Maybe you need more torque and more power lower down the rev range. Personally that's what I miss from my early R1. That bike could just pick up its skirts and hustle out of bends and along short straights very well indeed and without revving it to death.

If you ride with the Streety at 9k rpm and above whilst out and about, like you would on the track, it's fast enough for most scenarios, especially up to a ton. If you are blessed by roads big enough and safe enough to sustain three figure speeds, get a bigger bike with a fairing. I find the front 'lifts' at speed on the Street making handling go south very quickly with standard bars. Personally I didn't buy mine for that kind of riding (and I never rev it that high, that often by the way) because riding like that mostly isn't safe on UK roads any more. Twenty years ago with less traffic and quieter, wide open A roads, very early in the morning, awesome. Now? Bleurgh, not worth it in any way shape or form.

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat