Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 11 years ago.....  (Read 941 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline doggy

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 2416
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
  • Country: England
11 years ago.....
« on: August 02, 2018, 06:00:25 PM »
11 years ago I bought one of the first street triples in 2007 . It was great, rode it all over Europe . Did 30K miles on it . Spent a fortune on carbon bits etc for it . Loved it .



I traded it in for a new MV Agusta brutale 920 . Great bike, rode it to Italy one year, bloody hard seat . Did 13k perfect miles on it . Also had a 600 hornet at the same time which went to Spain a couple of times .



That got traded in for another new MV, a B3 800 Italia . Probably the most fun, gorgeous bike I will ever own . What a thing . Loved it, never thought I would part with it . The hornet went and was replaced with a Ducati monster 796, very underrated bike .


So that leads me to Saturday when I will be returning to the street triple family with a 765 RS . A six month old example with the flyscreen visor thing?. Heated grips, tail tidy, Arrow can .  It appears you can check out . but never leave....


Offline Red

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Posts: 16972
  • Carpe diem (na Kaapstad en terug)
Re: 11 years ago.....
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 06:46:47 PM »
Enjoyed seeing all your steads mentioned above.

I am surprised at the change, but it its what you really like, then good for you.

Look forward to catching up soon. Give me a shout, be nice to head your way for a meet and ride and chat about the naked bikes we have had.

 :305: :305: :305:
"Not just today"
"Vos es meus optimus amicus"
"We can't change the weather, only enjoy the challenges it brings."
"When the road gets rough, who needs tarmac? ;-)  X"
"Team Red Tours are go!"
"O" roads for the adventure
"Being quick is not about going fast,its about being slower less often"

Offline doggy

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 2416
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
  • Country: England
Re: 11 years ago.....
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 08:24:48 PM »
322 mile round trip to pick her up today.  Bot really ridden it properly, sat on the motorway for a couple of hours.

Thanks to the forum already I found the fork adjuster amongst the rear bodywork.
Removed the rear pegs by flipping the battery instead of removing .

Offline Red

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Posts: 16972
  • Carpe diem (na Kaapstad en terug)
Re: 11 years ago.....
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 04:08:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by doggy [+]
322 mile round trip to pick her up today.  Bot really ridden it properly, sat on the motorway for a couple of hours.

Thanks to the forum already I found the fork adjuster amongst the rear bodywork.
Removed the rear pegs by flipping the battery instead of removing .
Catch up soon. Give me a shout and I'll head your way for s change.
"Not just today"
"Vos es meus optimus amicus"
"We can't change the weather, only enjoy the challenges it brings."
"When the road gets rough, who needs tarmac? ;-)  X"
"Team Red Tours are go!"
"O" roads for the adventure
"Being quick is not about going fast,its about being slower less often"

Offline Bel

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Posts: 9821
  • Bike: Carbonised STR
  • Country: Scotland
Re: 11 years ago.....
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 11:05:00 PM »
Awesome!!! Great to see you rejoined the club
Owner of CarbonFBR, for a peek at some carbon goodness please visit www.CarbonFBR.com, FB at https://www.facebook.com/motorcyclecarbonfiber or Twitter at https://twitter.com/CarbonFBRdotcom

Offline WillyLee

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Posts: 93
  • Ride just got more fun !!
  • Bike: STR
  • City / Town: ASIA
  • Country: SIN
Re: 11 years ago.....
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 01:02:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by doggy [+]
11 years ago I bought one of the first street triples in 2007 . It was great, rode it all over Europe . Did 30K miles on it . Spent a fortune on carbon bits etc for it . Loved it .



I traded it in for a new MV Agusta brutale 920 . Great bike, rode it to Italy one year, bloody hard seat . Did 13k perfect miles on it . Also had a 600 hornet at the same time which went to Spain a couple of times .



That got traded in for another new MV, a B3 800 Italia . Probably the most fun, gorgeous bike I will ever own . What a thing . Loved it, never thought I would part with it . The hornet went and was replaced with a Ducati monster 796, very underrated bike .


So that leads me to Saturday when I will be returning to the street triple family with a 765 RS . A six month old example with the flyscreen visor thing?. Heated grips, tail tidy, Arrow can .  It appears you can check out . but never leave....



It appears you can check out . but never leave.... -This is good  :028:
Never a boring ride with STR

Offline simTriple

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Posts: 21
  • Bike: 675R
  • City / Town: East Mids
  • Country: UK
Re: 11 years ago.....
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 06:50:54 AM »
Look much better with the rear pegs removed, surprised more people don't do it.

Online morebeanz

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1569
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
  • City / Town: Guildford
Re: 11 years ago.....
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 08:22:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by simTriple [+]
Look much better with the rear pegs removed, surprised more people don't do it.

I cant talk for everyone, but for me its about what happens if the bike goes over. The pillion pegs will save the bike to a certain degree...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't just count beans, I also understand the commercial significance of beans!

Offline doggy

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 2416
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
  • Country: England
Re: 11 years ago.....
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 09:30:15 PM »
Really good 120 miles early sunday morning, started to "push on a bit" and it was sublime, gotta love Ohlins .
Quick hour out tonight, just what I needed .
Rear paddock stand bobbins fitted today and a dash screen protector .
Off on hols for a week, so will order a rad guard when I return .
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 09:34:01 PM by doggy »

Offline OuzoStreet

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 511
  • Bike: Street R 2009
  • Country: UK
Re: 11 years ago.....
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 08:37:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by doggy [+]
Really good 120 miles early sunday morning, started to "push on a bit" and it was sublime, gotta love Ohlins .
Quick hour out tonight, just what I needed .
Rear paddock stand bobbins fitted today and a dash screen protector .
Off on hols for a week, so will order a rad guard when I return .

I've been thinking about an early Brutale 800 but am a bit wary about some of the issues I've read about (gearbox etc).

I would love to hear about how the early Street, the Brutale 800 and the new Street compare. From what I've read I think I'd like the Brutale engine...

 


Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat